Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

roscoepc wrote:
2things..... One, make sure to loosen the fork brace bolts before tightening the axle caps Thentighten both front cap bolts, then the rear bolts, and then retighten the brace bolts. This will realign the front forks for you and is called out in the shop manual I believe!!
Actually Don, the manual says nothing about the fork brace. That's an old trick a master Honda tech passed along to me years ago. And it works great! I think you probably picked it up from me. See what happens when you don't choose your friends wisely? :needahug:

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

Ken Bergen wrote:
I see no reason to loosen the fork brace if all you've done is remove the front axle.
If you're putting on new tires, don't get an alignment. Those bolts have never been loosened, so the alignment is fine?

Over a period of time, things shift. The front forks/brace/axle. It's always a good idea to loosen the brace, then torque the lower cap bolts to ensure the forks are "square". Then retighten the brace to keep everyone happy.If you replace tires every three to four years, it most assuredlycould useit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.