Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can anyone recommend good ear buds that stay in my ear when I put my full-face helmet on? I love to listen to my ipod on the highway, but have no jack to plug it into the radio. So far, ear buds work the best, but 95 % of the time no matter how secure I think I have them in my ear, they seem to move when I put the helmet on & it doesn't take much not to be able to hear much when they move even a bit.

I just thot I'd find out how others out there deal with this problem.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Ear buds are illegal if they are in both ears, you may only have them in one ear.

The 'helmet mounted speakers' which we refer to as headsets, really are not since they do not go into the ears and therefore do not eliminate outside noise as needed to safely drive the car/bike.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

jwhitmore44: I don't care what kind of ear plugs I get as long as they don't move when I put my helmet on over my ears. THAT's the issue.

Thanx

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

To they allow deaf people to drive cars or ride MC?

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
To they allow deaf people to drive cars or ride MC?

You expect the law to make sense ?

Also the earbuds above are discontinued.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Skull candy...best value for the money and no questions asked lifetime warranty. http://www.skullcandy.com

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

+1 on skull candy. Most states do have a law against the earbuds being in both ears since it "blocks the sound of other traffic" from the rider. I've used ear buds before and I could still hear the traffic. Not to mention I doubt that cops will even notice you wearing them unless you are showing it to them. Just be careful. I have a J&M headset with "helmet mounted speakers" as well and they don't block sound. It's worth the money in the long run.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
imported post

And straight pipes on some bike allow you to hear traffic safely? NOT!! Anyway, I use ear buds all the time listening to audio books on my commute. I find in the ear buds to be easier to stay in, the kind that have little rubber like rings that go right in. I don't have a favorite brand. Also a convertible helmet where the face flips up allows you to spread the sides slightly when putting the helmet on. Good luck and report back, please with any great findings!

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

If you're hard of hearing like me, helmet mounted speakers are a sorry joke. Earbuds are the only way to go.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

flw wrote:
Also the earbuds above are discontinued
That's too bad, those were great ear bud and fit well inside your ear so that you could get your helmet on and off. Looks like they were replaced by the MC5's. I have no idea if they fit in your ear far enough.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

Skull candy ear buds come packaged with different sizes of the rubber seals that make them stay in. Have put them in too far & when I pulled the out the rubber seals stayed in the ear.
Skull candy has very good sound, and if the volume is reasonable you can still hear traffic noise.
Ear plugs are legal in most places and they are designed to block "noise"

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Xtracho: Skull Candy chops ear phones look good as they have those holders for behind the ears so they won't (shouldn't) move when I pull my full face helmet down over them.

Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Happer I had the rubber cushions stick in the ear just once in over two years of using them. Just picked it out with my finger. No biggie. I use either theink'd or smokin' buds. Don't really like the ones with the hooks over the ear. Either way any model you go with is a great product for the $$$.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Xtracho: Y don't u like the ones that hook over your ears? I think thad b the kind I'm looking for as I don't think they wud move all that much when I pulled my helmet down. Do those kind also fit right in your ear? Bottom line here is not having them move when I pull my helmet over them. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Yeah, they are just like the ear buds but with the hooks for behind the ears. I really don't have a problem withmine coming out when I put my helmet on but I wear a 3/4 with shield not a fullface.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

I have a pair of Bose ear buds and they work perfect for me. I use the snowmobiling all winter long. Never have an issue with them coming out.

If yo have a tape player you can buy a cassette that will plug into your IPod so you can listen to tunes with your stereo. that's what I use on the Goldwing. Eliminates ear buds.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Thanx fer the reply.

Wonder how they'd b with a full-face?

By the way, I have a Clymer's Owner's Repair Manaul if u r intrested.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.