Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
imported post

By the way, I have a Clymer's Owner's Repair Manaul if u r intrested. ($15.00 CAD + shipping)

Sorry, it's a Hayne's Owner's Workshop manual good for a 1984 to 1987 1200.

Lots of illustrations

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
Skull candy...best value for the money and no questions asked lifetime warranty. http://www.skullcandy.com
Another +1 on the skullcandy ear buds. Bose makes some that have an "active" earbud that supposedly don't fall out easily. They call it "StayHear." You'll get better bass response too, but they'll cost you a lot more.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

+1 on the Bose. I have a set and love them. They never have fallen out while snowmobiling and you get bounced around pretty good running 60 or 70 mph on a sled.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
imported post

Send your radio to Sierra Electonics and have them install the MP3 connection that way you can listen to your music either on the speakers or head phones.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
imported post

HyperPete I don't mind the cost as long as they don't move around when I put the helmet on. Wireless ear buds'd b nice, but I don't thin they even make em.

Thanx for the suggestion tho..I'll check 'em out.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

I listen to MP3's from an iTouch through a Universal Car Audio Cassette Adapter. Sound quality, volumeand separation all great.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
imported post

Larry22935 I'll check it out. Thanx. I take it an I-touch & I-pod nano are the same when it comes to plugging them into one of these adapter things, right?

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
To they allow deaf people to drive cars or ride MC?
I guess I better get all my riding in real quick.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

It should be the same plug as your current head set. Here is a picture of mine that I bought at Best Buy.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
imported post

Parman: Thanks. Where does the jack from the ipod fit into once this cassette adapter is in the cassette 'tray' on the bike?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

You plug it into the Ipod were your speaker plug into.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

You plug it into the Ipod were your speaker plug into.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
imported post

[line]
You are correct.

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

I purchased a set of SHURE noise isoltating earbuds-a few tips.
1. Sound isolating means they just plug the ear canal and physically block ambient noise.
2. Sound cancelling means they create an electrical signal and "cancel" incoming ambient noise.
From the 2 it's obvious to see why noise isolating are cheaper and have less to go wrong. To me the change from standard IPOD earbuds was dramatic. As soon as I put them on almost all wind noise was gone and they were more comfortable. Plus the sound was better (clearer) and since less ambient noise they allow you to lower the volume and hear fuller sound.
As for the legality/safety issue. I'll leave that up to you.
I have a Nolan helmet with speakers and I use the speakers sometimes and sometimes the buds.
One thing to note. When I first bought the SHURE earbuds I had a different helmet. When I got my Nolan and went to put it on the earbuds would catch and pull out. They are 90 degreee design. Frustrated I nearly threw them out (so to speak) then realized reversing R and L buds made them fit better for helmet wear.
Nothing beats speakers for ease but the earbuds offer better sound hands down.
I am an ex aircraft mechanic and have tinnitus from working around jets. I know that on extended trips using the speakers my tinnitus will get worse and not so with the earbuds so possible hearing damage is something to consider. A lifetime of riding with windnoise plus the speaker volume to overcome it can do damage to hearing-not so with the proper earbuds.
Certainly you have to consider the safety issue. I do feel safer with the speakers because I can hear a bit but there is no substitute for being alert and looking around you constant.
I've always had the fear that I'll approach an intersection and not hear a siren or something like that. Personally I think the buds are perfect for highway or rural driving whereas clser to urban areas the speakers are probably safer. My .02.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Many thanks for your comments including the Tinnitus.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

i wear earplugs and crank the stock stero way up. not the greatest sound but nice and quite. hate to ride the 1500 without earplugs. to much mechanical noise, i can ride my other 2 wings with harley takeoffs all day and enjoy.
but perhaps i will try the earplugs with them to
wilf

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
imported post

When you bought the SHURE noise isoltating earbuds. Did you also get the triple flange sleeves for them? they are suppose to keep the earbud from coming out of your ears.

Also saw there are a few different types of the earbuds SE-115 M+ or the SE-115 RD or the SE-115 K or the SE-115V or another type from Shure?

They are all pricey so I want to avoida mistake. Like a pair that come out of my ears after I put my helmet on and or allows wind noise in or hurts my ears cannals I have medium to large ears.

I can spend $100 but only once.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
imported post

flw: I need an earbud that goes flat into my ear with hardly nothing I if any piece of it at all) coming out of my ears....reason being my full-face helmet whenm I pull it down over my ears, 90% of the time , it moves the buds

Thanx

21 - 40 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.