Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

happer wrote:
Can anyone recommend good ear buds that stay in my ear when I put my full-face helmet on? I love to listen to my ipod on the highway, but have no jack to plug it into the radio. So far, ear buds work the best, but 95 % of the time no matter how secure I think I have them in my ear, they seem to move when I put the helmet on & it doesn't take much not to be able to hear much when they move even a bit.

I just thot I'd find out how others out there deal with this problem.

Thank you
These are the absoluye best I have ever seen. I have not tried them with muy full facve ( I never where it) but they work fab whith my 1/2 helmet. the system I have linked to is what I have got. They are far more cumfotabl than ANY earplugs or earbuds I have ever used & I have used ear plugs for long than I can remember. http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5508Angela

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
imported post

fysty-1 & / or Angela:

Please put them in your ears & try pulling a full-face helmet over them & let me know what happens. Thad b the true test for me.

Thanx

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

happer wrote:
I did post an answer to this happer. I don't know what happened to it. But by now you can see that everyone hasanswered the question. My only comment is I would buy a better quality model. I had a cheap one, bought onlinefor $3 and it lasted one day. The new one was from Best Buy, in casethe same problem occured I could return it. Cost $12 and it is about 2 months old now.Is is on 95% of the time I am on the bike. In the past two monthsI have added over 3,000 miles to the odometer.It has had a lot of use. It is a keeper. Sound quality, volume and separation are all very good. Works great through the helmet or through the speakers.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
imported post

Larry22935: Id work as long as it is loud enough. Seems for some reason, the radio is louder than the cassette. That really doesn't make sense. Maybe it's just the particular tape I have in. But, to try out one of those adapters u mentioned, I did order one thru ebay. Time will tell I reckon

Also, I know alot of ppl have responded to my query, but some haven't. It doesn't matter much, but I appreciate those who DO reply & try to help. Thanks.

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

Happer--heres couple tips for using the cassette adaptor on your 1500...leave the AMB button on , that will make it louder whether thru the speakers or headset....also dont know why but it makes a difference which side(direction) the cassette is playing on,, mines louder on one side compared to the other.... Also if your pluggin an mp3( ipod) into the adaptor, the sound quality is so much better(as long as ur recording on the mp3 is good that is) than through the radio that it will boost volume levels too, and you can control volume too with your mp3 player....I have logged probobly 4000 miles recently using it and it works very well...hope this helps...:waving:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
imported post

Did we ever get to a suggested make and model of ear bud for a full face helmet?

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

flw wrote:
Did we ever get to a suggested make and model of ear bud for a full face helmet?
Check out the first post of pg 3 above for my recommendation.:waving::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Skull Candy all the way...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
Monster Jamzall the way...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D:D:D:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
imported post

fysty-1 & Xtracho: I found a place here that sells Skull-Candy stuff, so will go check it out. To b honest, altho I'm sure they're good ear buds from the way u talk, I AM wondring about when I pull the ff helmet over them. It looks like Skull buds stick out abit & I have problem with mine I got at the dollar store that are just a almost-flat speaker at the end of the wire. Not sure what it grabs, but as I pull the helmet down it grabs (probly the wire of the earbuds) & moves them just enuf to make a - difference.

But, I'll try most anything once.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Parman wrote:
If yo have a tape player you can buy a cassette that will plug into your IPod so you can listen to tunes with your stereo. that's what I use on the Goldwing. Eliminates ear buds.
+1, or you could use an FM modulator, the wired in kind is the best. I've used a cassette adapter on mine since 2008 with decent performance but I've now purchased an FM modulator. Using the bike's system, you can still use the intercom & CB if you want.

I didn't realize until I posted that there were 3 pages of posts. If your cassette is on the blink, poor output, then an FM modulator is definitely the way you would want to go. They're not terribly expensive and work well. Check out Rudy's page on options for an aux input including his installation of his Audiovox FM modulator.
http://goldwingtech.info/auxradio/

John

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Xtracho wrote:
Monster Jamzall the way...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D:D:D:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
Skull Candy and ZZ Top....makes riding a whole new experience!

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
Haw Haw Haw Haw....Rumors spread round, that Texas town... :cheesygrin:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
fysty-1 wrote:
Xtracho wrote:
Yea Mark, ZZ Top may be great & have great taste in cars, but they don'y hold a candle to SRV.:D Actually I love all music but my loves are Blues, Guitar Rock, Rockabillie & R&R.

Back to topic @ hand. You know that (& this applies to me as well), it is now possible to say one is better than the other unless you have tried both( I have not). But I will say tht the MJ's have the cleanest & clearest sound than I have heard in ANY headsets ever. I am an x pro musician & I love life like sound and that is what I now get. All my music is MP3 & digitally recorded. These hs are expensive but I just had to have them as I had tried a freinds with my music & couldn't believe it so my Sony behind the head earbud went bye bye to a drawer probably never to be seen again until I die or move. hehehehehe Cheers Angela:D:D:D:jumper:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Classic... Pearl Necklace, Just Got Paid, KoKo Blue, Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings,you name it.... best 3 man band there ever was.

Sorry...a bit of a thread hijack there.

And SRV was great (RIP)... he shares lots of space on my iPod withZZ and Carlos Santana. I also have not tried both brands. My daughter turned me on to the Skull Candy buds. They have a great sound and wide frequency range. And, I love that no questions asked life time warranty.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

and now we return you to your regularly scheduled thread....;)

FM modulator and a good helmet headset like J&M or Edsets all the way. :thumbsup:

John

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Happer, take your helmet to the store with you. I am sure the store would be more than willing to let you test fit. You may fine that the SC is a little cheaper & although I am sworn to MJ, the SC are canadian. I have seen them at CTC as well as London drugs. Well good luck. Angela:waving::waving::waving::waving::action::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
Classic... Pearl Necklace, Just Got Paid, KoKo Blue, Nasty Dogs and Funky Kings,you name it.... best 3 man band there ever was.

Sorry...a bit of a thread hijack there.

And SRV was great (RIP)... he shares lots of space on my iPod withZZ and Carlos Santana. I also have not tried both brands. My daughter turned me on to the Skull Candy buds. They have a great sound and wide frequency range. And, I love that no questions asked life time warranty.
That is funny. You live in Fl & I in SW Canada just above the border, so as Can & the US are concernd, we couldn, be farther aprt yet well have music in common & also that I am promoting a US company & you are promoting a Canadian one. that is priceless. Sorry Happer for the HJ. Cheers Angela:waving::waving::waving::waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
imported post

happer wrote:
Larry22935: Id work as long as it is loud enough. Seems for some reason, the radio is louder than the cassette. That really doesn't make sense. Maybe it's just the particular tape I have in. But, to try out one of those adapters u mentioned, I did order one thru ebay. Time will tell I reckon

Also, I know alot of ppl have responded to my query, but some haven't. It doesn't matter much, but I appreciate those who DO reply & try to help. Thanks.
happer, try playing with the mutebutton on the left handlebar. Mine used to play lower alsothe mute button was causing it. I don't know if that's your problem but it's free to try.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

I made my own custom ear-buds-plugs. xtremly comfortable and stay in place.

Check out White Horse Gear and they have-sell Radians custom ear plugs kits.
I took my favorite Sony ear buds and molded the Radians material around them. This custom formed to my ears and when the material was dry.... about 12 min, I now have custom fitting ear buds. Have been using them for about a year now.
Oh... The Radians kits are about $15. Enough material to do one head!!!

Corventure Dave

41 - 60 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.