Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I see this ad on craigslist about an 88 with 80K miles. Needs tlc, tuneup, looks bad, asking $2000. I figure it MUST be a real tin man, but better follow up by taking the day off so I can be the first one there. It turned out to be filthy, surface rust, crapped up carbs, ripped seat and the list goes on. BUT, it's a real diamond in the rough. cb, reverse,stereo, corbin seat, chrome everywhere, 10cd changer, floorboards/ heel toe/ murals, etched windshield, new tire/brakes in front, trailer hitch, air horns. It's a regular motorcycle whorehouse. This ones gonna clean up nice. Came with manual and he took $1800. I'll consider this my stimulus package!

Tom Mc NJ

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a real diamond n the rough, send some pics when you can, congrats on your new project

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

nice one, i am sure will be a sweet bike with a bit TLC, good baragin

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Yea, we need before and after pics. Sounds like a fun summer project!

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

Yeah I'm sure if you put in the time and effort you will be rewarded with a crackin bike and if/when you get into trouble you know where to come :action:

Eric

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a good find at a good price.
If you have topop off those carbs,lock up all your sledgehammers beforehand...1500 carbs aren't easy to mess with. And even harder to re-installthe first time around. Make sure you have a 10inch needlenose pliers before you try taking them off---trust me.
And change out the timing belts before you crank it over.
Good luck and congrats on your find.

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Have fun. Idragged homean '88 last fall, and have itwrongside-out in the garage right now. IRAQI RAM speaks the truth.

If it needs carb slides/diaphragms (hopefully it won't) Ron Ayers has 'em new for $90.00 each. Ugly, but the best price I've found.

Carry On.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.