Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Not sure if this will work for all of you but it sure seems to be a piece of cake for me now.

I took a 12 inch longpiece of 2 inch diameter pipe. (I work in a food plant so I just used a piece of thrown out stainless pipe). I slid it onto thecenter stand end so that it went onto it about 4 or 5 inches. It's now easy to use this as a leverage while pushing down on with your foot and holding onto the handlebar and rear rack. Much easier than just pushing down on the center stand itself while holding the handlebar and rack. Bike goes up with no problem!!!

But as when anytime lifting the bike to the center stand.... make sure your holding on good and have it balanced right.

The pipe will store in my saddlebag with no problem, while taking up very little room.

I think a person could use just a piece of 2 inch conduit also. Can't see why that wouldn't work.

If any of you are able.... try this out and let me know what you think. For me, it's an easy and very inexpensive problem solver.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Nice one Puttitin, I am sure to find something suitable in the garage, so I will try it out tonight.

One thing is for sure, I bet it works better than your deer alert!!:goofygrin:I sure hope it doesn't create such a long thread though!!!:cheeky1:

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.