Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This a fyi ( for your information)for all.

I saw an item on Ebay that I was interested in for the GoldWing, but the information said complete, however the picture did not show all items.

I sent the seller a request for additonal pictures and never heard back from them. I send a 2nd request and got an email from the seller asking me what I needed the pictures for? He says it was complete, and that he was not playing games.

I replied and explained why I wanted more information.

Well, the Seller comes back lamblasting me in text (Caps) and giving me a hard time for asking for more information.

Screwem, they just lost a sale.

But this is fair warning for all you new Ebayers. Be very wary and ask the sellers questions. If they refuse to give you the information you asked for, then run don't walk away from them.

I told this seller that I was going to post this in the various GoldWing forums I belong to as he does not need to be selling to honest GoldWing people with his foul attitude.

If I am wrong in posting this, then I apologize to the forum operators. But to this seller. He can KMA.

Ron

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Ron,

Not wrong at all in posting, but it would help us all if we knew who the seller is :baffled:

Not Sabre Cycle by any chance :baffled:They have a very poor rep here :X.

We do share info on who is good and who is bad just to avoid sharing the same bad experiences. Thats part of what the forum is about.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
imported post

Do you have an item number? The quality of eBay sellers has slipped over recent years IMO. I always stay away from the hot-headed types and asking a question is a good way to identify/qualify as well as ALL CAPS listings and messages. I see that, back button for me.

I find the buy/sell forum here to be pretty well stocked with good folks looking to make decent transactions with GL parts. I've bought/sold a couple things and wished I could leave feedback for those transactions. Mana is about as close as it get's here...

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
imported post

Not wrong at all to post this. We need to know about bad sellers, especially since Fleabay is such a popular parts-bin for older bikes!

Who was it? Sorry you had to put up with that loser. I tend to ask questions, and won't deal with anyone that is rude or evasive.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the heads up! Who os this A--Hole?

Bernie

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Well after the replyI just received from this Grouchy Bitter Old Man.

Perhaps he needs to get on one of his 50 Goldwings and go riding to find some pleasure in motorcycles.. Because as a Ebay Seller he is a failure.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
imported post

I always stay away from the hot-headed types and asking a question is a good way to identify/qualify as well as ALL CAPS listings and messages. I see that, back button for me.
My father-in-law is 84 and types in ALL CAPS all the time. Not because he's a "hot headed type" but because he's just learning how to use a computer. Don't be so judgmental.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

:shock:That guy is a piece of work.....when he leaves negative feed back,or gets it, it's no holes bared!!:2finger::cussing:........I don't think I'll be buying from him:X

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
imported post

my ebay purchase advice
ALWAYS peruse the feedback of the seller and look for nagatives showing the seller does not contact customers, never sends items etc. I have seen many a seller have a 90% rating, but as power sellers there may be 20-30 people who say they never received their item. Not worth the risk to be one of those people. Better to pay a little more and know you will get item.

Just like in a store front - if customer service stinks, walk away. Again, I would rather pay a bit more and have good customer service,

Can not over state how important it is to go thru ALL of a sellers feedback. There have also been times when a seller did not have great feedback, but looking thru the negatives you could see many of the buyers were just being a pain in the arse. In that case, quickly check out their feedback too.

I love ebay. If one takes just a bit of time doing some research, they are usally happy campers.
Don;t rely on ebay itself to help you tho if you get screwed. No matter what they say, you are pretty much on your own.

(oh yea, I purchased a square trade agreement on an item. 4 months later it broke. No questions asked they sent me a refund.....I had a great experience with them)

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Sandy Eggo wrote:
I always stay away from the hot-headed types and asking a question is a good way to identify/qualify as well as ALL CAPS listings and messages. I see that, back button for me.
My father-in-law is 84 and types in ALL CAPS all the time. Not because he's a "hot headed type" but because he's just learning how to use a computer. Don't be so judgmental.

Sandy, This person used this excuse too, however, his email started off in regular text then switched to caps. And at the time he was ranting and going on a tirade about bad feedback and ebay buyers in general. This person is nothing more than a grumpy old man who takes it out on everyone if he is questioned about anything. the way he sees it, we are to take his word on everything and not question him about anything. He needs to get a grip on the real world.

I even did a search on his real name in this forum and found a message about him being grumpy on the phone if called. He can have every part a goldwinger could ever ask for, but his attitude sux.

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

For the most part Ebay sellers are great people willing to work through any problem that a buyer may have. I am an Ebay seller as well as a buyer.

Just recently I had a negative experience concerning a purchase that I made. The seller advertised the item as new but when the item arrived I discovered that it had seen some use.

I wrote the seller about the item but he became irate and has not returned my email. So I left a negative report, however any prospective buyers dealing with him cannot read the negative post untilthe sellerhas reached 10 sales. New sellers need to be approached with caution.

Keep on Winging:bat:

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
imported post

I just had a great dealing with a person selling on ebay , even though i did win an 83 Goldwing frame with PA title :2finger:from them for $9.99 . They were very nice & even when i picked it up i bought something off them that didn`t sell . So not all are bad , but before i bid on anything i look at there feed back & if to many neg feed backs i stay away no mater what kind of deal it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.