Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
Joined
·
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am watching two bikes on ebay. Just out of curiosity (I havent got enough money to pay attention right now).

One is an 85 1200 LTD with 44k miles. Another is an 89 1500 with 39k miles. I am betting that the 85 closes around $3500, and the 89 at about $5k.

Whatchoothink?

:waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,923 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
I am watching two bikes on ebay. Just out of curiosity (I havent got enough money to pay attention right now).

One is an 85 1200 LTD with 44k miles. Another is an 89 1500 with 39k miles. I am betting that the 85 closes around $3500, and the 89 at about $5k.

Whatchoothink?

:waving:
Reasonable.

I like to plot them on a spread sheet and spend sme time analysing the prices, the sellers and the active buyers. Then you know what vto expect when you can bid in. I really cannot say that I have ever lost major money on ebay at all.
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

I think you're close on the 85 but low on the 89. I got $3800 for my '86SEi with 60k. The low mileage on the 89 ought to get it closer to $6000. Let's see how they turn out.
 

·
Still a winger at heart.
Joined
·
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

exavid wrote:
I think you're close on the 85 but low on the 89. I got $3800 for my '86SEi with 60k. The low mileage on the 89 ought to get it closer to $6000. Let's see how they turn out.
If I had the dough, I think I would prefer the 15. I love the styling on both. I suppose that even thought the newest bikes are cool, there is something about the older ones...
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

ubarw wrote:
exavid wrote:
I think you're close on the 85 but low on the 89. I got $3800 for my '86SEi with 60k. The low mileage on the 89 ought to get it closer to $6000. Let's see how they turn out.
If I had the dough, I think I would prefer the 15. I love the styling on both. I suppose that even thought the newest bikes are cool, there is something about the older ones...
I love my 1500, but still think the LTD, SEI and 87 1200A were the best looking.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,739 Posts
imported post

I think the 1500 will end up closer to the $6000 mark ,,,The 1500s are still getting good money all over the world ,,,I have seen 1999 and 2000 1500s go for more than a 2001 1800 ,,,,Ciaran
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top