Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
agent provocateur
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in new front disk pads on my GL1800, EBC double H is what they call them. How long does it take on the average for them to wear in...? I have been riding the brake at times to help it lap in to the disk...I had thought that after doing this for a few days of riding they would have worn in....but does not seem to have.

Also what the purpose of the little steel backing plate thats on the back of the pads...I am talking about the thin shim like plate thats on the back of the brake pads. Can I run the pads without this shim like plate...of NO...why..?

·
Administrator
27,920 Posts
The shims are supposed to reduce brake noise. I think the HH pads may be too hard to be effective. I like either OEM or Vesrah pads.

·
agent provocateur
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shims are supposed to reduce brake noise. I think the HH pads may be too hard to be effective. I like either OEM or Vesrah pads.
Yes these EBC ones do seem to be make of a harder compound as they just do not want to seem to want to seat in very well. However for grib and stopping power I do have to give the EBC's a thumbs up over that of the OEM pads. And the hotter they get, the better they seem to grip...could be just me...but seem to grip better when hot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.