Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I bought one... The directions are not well-written. I emailed EC - but no response - probably lost in the sea of spam in their mailbox. Work schedule prevents me from calling during their business hours. I've read most everything I could find on the forum. Two questions.
1. Am I supposed to bypass the regulator with the yellow stator wires, the two green and the two red wires? I've already cut those wires from both sides of the connector. I'm assuming this - but just want to be sure.
2. Where does the blue wire coming off the relay go?
There is nothing in the directions about it.
Everything else I get. I'm guessing solenoid. But it's probably not a good idea to be guessing at this point.
Remember this my first project and only my second bike. My first bike I owned for 5 weeks and sold it for $200 profit.

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

EC harness produced by an online company called Electrical Connections. Lots of debate on threads here about which is better for rewiring the stator on the GL1200. The other one is a "DC Harness" the initials indicate the company and the owner names respectively.

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Yep, that's the directions - no blue wire instructions

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Good, I'll do that.

Thanks

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

can you doublecheck the spelling

lewisec

is coming back invalid

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I did a search on forum members with lewis in their name and came up with his profile

lewis/ec

Just click on his name above and then use the button on the top right to send him a PM

Henry

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Duh!
I read that thing over and over again - and missed that line each time. Wow, what does that mean?
What does that say about my ability to follow the directions in rebuilding this motorcycle to begin with?
I think I'll slow down and be more careful.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Ha ha.... happens to us all, I think I am the biggest culprit some of the time. It's as if we read what we want to read

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.