Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if all ECU modules are the same for all GL1500s? It appears that the 88-89 boxes look a little bit different. I found a 1990 ECU on eBay for $9.95 that looks the same as mine except it doesn't appear to have a port coming out of the back end like mine does, which attaches to an air hose (assuming to help keep it cool). My wing is a 1992 Interstate. I have ran every test that can be ran with positive results so I'm thinking the ECU is bad and for $10, I'll take a chance on that being the problem.

Btw, there is an entire 7 page thread on my no spark issue so other than the ECU compatibility question, please go to my other thread if you have a helpful comment on the no spark issue.

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Norman,

That's the answer I was looking for.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

That port is a vacuum port. I thought every year had that, but, maybe the 88/89 doesn't. Don't know.

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
imported post

I'd be leary of an Aspy/SE ECU . I would think they would be wanting an input on the reverse system at least . Just my thoughts though . I cant find the ECU listed in Honda Direct line :sadguy:. I was trying to narrow this down . But hey , like you said for $10 its not a bad deal .

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

The ECU doesn't pertain to reverse or cruise whatsoever. And the pin count and connector for the ASPYs and SEs are the same as for my Interstate. If you look in the service the manual, you'll find that the ECU only pertains to Ignition Coils, Pulse Gens, Sidestand Sensor, Tw Sensor, Gear indicators, Batt voltage, and Ground. So I have to agree with Norman that they are compatible across the board from 1990-2000. The 88-89 ECU is clearly different including the shape of the box. But thanks for your input... and your right, for 10 male deer, I have really have nothing to lose...except for 10 male deer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.