Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My ECU (some refer it as ECM) seems to be weak according to my Honda dealer here in Dubai. When running for a while, the bike start missing and dies. Honda diagnosed that the issue was with the ECU. The price for a new one just doesn't make sense, so I'm trying to find a good working one. It's for a 2002 Honda with ABS but without Navigation.
I'm in Dubai but can arrange to have it shipped to Canada (where I'm from originally) if that's easier for you.
My email is [email protected].
Appreciate your help with this.
SERGE

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,661 Posts
To me,
that does not sound like an ECM/ECU failure.

I feel more like it is a Pulse Sensor failing when it gets hot.

the ECU is non-repairable physically.
It is potted in the hardest black stuff I have ever seen, my 2002 developed a Left Sensor fail, but Diagnostics proved it was the ECU.

I was lucky and found one a few days later from a 2004 that hit a brick wall, it worked perfect in my bike.
so, 2001 thru 2005 will do the job for you.

Finding one used is harder, but I will keep looking for you.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,661 Posts
Replied to your other thread, will watch for one.
DaveO430 will be along in a few minutes and give a better idea of IF, the ECU is actually the bad component.

·
Administrator
27,925 Posts
Replied to your other thread, will watch for one.
DaveO430 will be along in a few minutes and give a better idea of IF, the ECU is actually the bad component.
Not really with so little information. Someone probably has one with the knock sensor problem that will still work to use for testing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts