7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Cool toy ,,, Ed Big Daddy Roth. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

He made some funky vehicles over the years. Cool stuff there...

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

it sure is unique

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

PAF1047 wrote:
The only bad part of that is it sits maybe 4inches off the ground
The good part is there were no speed bumps back then

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Lightin wrote:
PAF1047 wrote:
We started getting speed bumps here in 1968. The Big Boy drive-in had them for the entrance into the back lot where the CAR-HOPS served the patrons. They even went so far as to put a horizontal bar about 5' above the bump to try and deter motorcycles. All it did was piss-off the pick-up owners and was removed after a week or so.

Big Daddywas one of the leading Customizers back then, lots of crazy drawings in the old Hot Rod Cartoon mags also. Different times I guess, remember the old "Moon Eyes"... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

"Big Daddy Roth" Puveyor of the Rat Fink!!!!!!!!! I built a LOT of his stuff when I was young. Did a lot of his drawings too. Rat Fink sitting in a 32 Duece with the gear shift above his head and hanging onto it, tires smoking and his tongue hanging out. WOW. I have'nt thought of those thing for years. MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,801 Posts
imported post

vtxcandyred wrote:
"Big Daddy Roth" Puveyor of the Rat Fink!!!!!!!!! I built a  LOT of his stuff when I was young. Did a lot of his drawings too. Rat Fink sitting in a 32 Duece with the gear shift above his head and hanging onto it, tires smoking and his tongue hanging out. WOW. I have'nt thought of those thing for years. MEMORIES!!!!!!!!!
Like this one :) ?

·
Premium Member
6,422 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
Lightin wrote:
PAF1047 wrote:
We started getting speed bumps here in 1968. The Big Boy drive-in had them for the entrance into the back lot where the CAR-HOPS served the patrons. They even went so far as to put a horizontal bar about 5' above the bump to try and deter motorcycles. All it did was piss-off the pick-up owners and was removed after a week or so.

Big Daddywas one of the leading Customizers back then, lots of crazy drawings in the old Hot Rod Cartoon mags also. Different times I guess, remember the old "Moon Eyes"... :gunhead:
YEP,Moon eyes and wood peckers.chrome reverse and baby moon and solid spun aluminum wheel covers and my 23 t 300 HP small block chevy and my candy red 40 coupe and the girls. and you are right about times diffrent we setteld beefs by drag raceing and next day all forgoten

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

Lightin wrote:
Shooter wrote:
Lightin wrote:
PAF1047 wrote:

YEP,Moon eyes and wood peckers.chrome reverse and baby moon and solid spun aluminum wheel covers and my 23 t 300 HP small block chevy and my candy red 40 coupe and the girls. and you are right about times diffrent we setteld beefs by drag raceing and next day all forgoten
We had Big Boys too, still do but we cruised what we called the Huts. White Hut drive ins. Curb service call buttons and window trays. My ex.wife worked at one of them It was a big deal back then Got most all the Cherry Cokes I wanted. There were lots of 427 Fords and Hemi PLymouths around. I had a 1963 Studebaker Avanti.289 Ford with a C-4 behind it. Could break the tires in all three gears.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.