Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehhhyeeaagghhhh.........

2K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  rb7632 
#1 ·
imported post

Our trip to Eastern Tennessee and the Blue Ridge is over; our trip to Colorado and Nassir 2 is over..... morning frost on the bike windscreens now..... the mountain Sumac is changing color.... unmistakeably, it'sfall.......

I need to makemy usualtransition over to skiing, but it's tougher this year. Motorcycle touring is the most addictive activity I've ever engaged in, and I've engaged in some -- trust me.....

Winter coming... ehhhyeeaagghhhh.......

#2 ·
imported post

:(It is sad isn't it?

#3 ·
imported post

Shoot, I'm sorry Mel, the riding weather is Perfect here right now. If my bike wasnt waiting for parts, If my back were doing better, If I had the money, (cause God know's I have the time) :DI would be out riding right now :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

#4 ·
imported post

".....it’s hard to give up my motorcycle in the fall and I rush to get it on the road again in the spring; lapses of sanity like this are common among motorcyclists. When you let a motorcycle into your life you’re changed forever. The letters "MC" are stamped on your driver’s license right next to your sex and height as if "motorcycle" was just another of your physical characteristics, or maybe a mental condition.

But when warm weather finally does come around all those cold snaps and rainstorms are paid in full because a motorcycle summer is worth any price. "

(David Karlotski)

Attachments

#6 ·
imported post

CJ,

You could always ride down to Texas and see some of the sites here...lately it's been in the 50's and 60's in the morning and in the 80's in the afternoon. Plenty of good riding left...

#7 ·
imported post

cubix wrote:
CJ,

You could always ride down to Texas and see some of the sites here...lately it's been in the 50's and 60's in the morning and in the 80's in the afternoon. Plenty of good riding left...
Ah, lad..... I would do that in a heartbeat, except my Darling Red is busy teaching school, and I've gotten used to sleeping in her warm bed...... Where she can't go; I don't go, and I'm the better for it! I love the bike, but I love my wife more......

Besides, snow is forecast for some of our higher elevations this weekend, time to flat-grind my skis, clean up my Ski Patroller aid pack.... I'll be fine when the hills go white. Also, March isn't really that far away! And I've got a few rides left!

#8 ·
imported post

Autumn is like some women I've known: exotically, dangerously alluring and beautiful, but strongly portent of hard times to come..........

Attachments

#9 ·
imported post

Such a whin:cheeky1:er Mel! It was 46 degrees this morning as I eased my carcass onto "Raymond" and headed to work! What a beautiful morning it was too! Work came too soon and my ride too short. But it is almost 5 o'clock and I will ride the looong way home! Friday, several of us are heading to the Cherahala and the BRP! A full day of hard riding! An early breakfast and then several hours in the saddle.

Mel, your visit is still fresh in my memory. Riding thru the foothills around home, the sun on our backs and the wind in our faces. Good memories to have when the snow starts flying!:action:

Bernie

#10 ·
imported post

It has just barely cooled off here in Alabama. Just Sunday it wasin the upper 80's with 80-90% humidity. Now it is in the low 70's during the day, and low 60's at night! All the winows and doors are open, freshening up the house. Feels great! I'll be working outside the shop for awhile now, instead off sealed up inside while pouring money into the air conditioner. I love this time of year! It won't be long till the leaves start changing in the Georgia Mountains. Makes for a fantastic ride. Darned deer start moving around more though. Happy fall everyone! jimsjinx

#11 ·
imported post

Dubswing wrote:
Such a whin:cheeky1:er Mel! It was 46 degrees this morning as I eased my carcass onto "Raymond" and headed to work! What a beautiful morning it was too! Work came too soon and my ride too short. But it is almost 5 o'clock and I will ride the looong way home! Friday, several of us are heading to the Cherahala and the BRP! A full day of hard riding! An early breakfast and then several hours in the saddle.

Mel, your visit is still fresh in my memory. Riding thru the foothills around home, the sun on our backs and the wind in our faces. Good memories to have when the snow starts flying!:action:

Bernie
Ah, Bernie! Those were great rides! Hey, ol' Buddy..... I got me a windshield sticker on the Blue Ridge, but I didn't get a lapel pin for my jacket..... If you stop ata place on the Parkway that sells those little souvenir pins, will you buy me one and send it? I'll pay you, honest! I've still got that riding safe keychain you gave me....... I've got pins from Alaska, Lake Superior, Devil's Tower, even one I bought during the Nassir auction of Eureka Springs, but no Blue Ridge....... appreciate it!

#12 ·
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
cubix wrote:
CJ,

Ah, lad..... I would do that in a heartbeat, except my Darling Red is busy teaching school, and I've gotten used to sleeping in her warm bed...... Where she can't go; I don't go, and I'm the better for it! I love the bike, but I love my wife more......

Besides, snow is forecast for some of our higher elevations this weekend, time to flat-grind my skis, clean up my Ski Patroller aid pack.... I'll be fine when the hills go white. Also, March isn't really that far away! And I've got a few rides left!
Hey, I thought you were going on a Latin tour this winter?????

#13 ·
imported post

Wish I had known you were in East Tenn. I could have shown you what real BBQ was up here in Bluff City. Let me know if you come this way again and I'll get the wife and we'll meet up and have a great BBQ dinner at Ridgewood!!

#14 ·
imported post

Yes, the sumer riding is over here as well,,,,,,,,, but the fall riding begins :action:and I love getting out this time of year. Although it is also the time of year to get the firewood cut, and many other chores done before the deep freeze comes. So the riding becomes limited:(. But you can bet I'll get a couple goodens in for sure. And then the planning and mapping for next years adventures begin. :)

#15 ·
imported post

Weather has been almost perfect here as of late. If they don't hurry up and get my bike back together, I may have to rent one.

I'm green with envy about your summer travels, but happy you could do it. :cooler:

#16 ·
imported post

The Big Dog wrote:
Well, I can't seem to figure out a way of doing it without leaving her.....and I really don't know if I have it in my heart to leave her, not even for a month..... Motorcycle Pete and I were thinking about a mini-tour, 2 or 3 weeks; fly there and rent....... but..... I don't know.....

#17 ·
imported post

Hey, if ya can't go to them, bring one of them up to your neck of the woods! Find some latino tour biker, and show him your beautiful great northwest! Heck, you'd have all winter to plan it out, and you'd be home for dinner with Miss Red every night!!
lol I hate leaving Barb alone, too. jimsjinx

#18 ·
imported post

I sure am sorry for all you guys that feel your riding time is over, the really good riding is just now coming on for us desert dwellers.

Six months of pure heavenly bliss on the desert, as long as I go east, west or south :cooldevil:

Now, I just need to get a bike so I can use this nice weather. :action:

#21 ·
imported post

Rob is right! The Ridgewood has awesome BBQ! Been there and will go again! I will get a pin from the BRP for my friend - no charge. I will try to find one that you can pin your keys to your jacket so you won't loose them!:D

Bernie

#22 ·
imported post

I decided to let Baby's insurance& plate lapse for financial reasons. Just can't afford to have 2 vehicles licensed & insured @ same time. So now she has a fresh clean body and have tucked her lovingly into bed. I will be moving her undercover soon to get started on some long overdue upgrades ( paint etc).:(:action::action::cooldevil::cooldevil:

#23 ·
imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
The Big Dog wrote:
Well, I can't seem to figure out a way of doing it without leaving her.....and I really don't know if I have it in my heart to leave her, not even for a month..... Motorcycle Pete and I were thinking about a mini-tour, 2 or 3 weeks; fly there and rent....... but..... I don't know.....
I have the same problem, My wife almost cried when I ask her if she would mind if I left her while I went to Montrose with Dusty Boots and Winger 77. I didn't have it in me to do that, and I found new trouble with the 1100 about the same time anyway. Once I get it back together again, It will be just for riding to work (being optimistic here) and weekend riding when she is off work.

It's kinda like splitting up Siamese twins, I know you know what I mean.

#26 ·
imported post

Back to riding again after over 20 years I am enjoying myself completely. It is turning to autumn here and the temps are dropping some. It was 43 when I left work the other evening and 40 by the time I got home.

Last July my sweet 1100 came into my life and I rode her into December before the really frigid stuff hit. In to the basement she went and the rebuild began. The body work slowed me down but I even rode her naked several times in the spring until the paint work was done.

I have enjoyed riding all spring and summer and don't plan to go back to the basement until forced to. The winter projects are not so intense this year but several things I want to get done none the less. I ride daily to work and just for pure fun on the weekends.

Autumn is as beautiful time to ride if you have the proper gear. Even into winter is not bad with leathers and layering. Yes, I AM ADDICTED! Biggest problem is I don;t want any 12 step program to get me out of my addiction. Talk about a mental condition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.