Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. I see all the posts about switching to the single carbs. Everyone disconnects the electric choke. But I still haven't found an answer as to why? Looking to do this conversion, but just wondered why? Does it open to fast? slow? too wide for the frame?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
electric choke

Most older Goldwings are cold blooded. Electric chokes tend to open too soon.
And some riders just like to have more control over the process.

If you go with a single carb setup, experiment for yourself. You may find you like the electric choke.

Rayjoe

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I live in Arizona and the only time we run into cold problems is for about a month..mid december to mid january. Which is why I also wondered about heating the pipes for the carb conversion. Down here, not sure I will have an icing problem. If anything, the engines run really hot. Have to run synthetic oil to help cool them down.

·
Administrator
24,672 Posts
Thanks. I live in Arizona and the only time we run into cold problems is for about a month..mid december to mid january. Which is why I also wondered about heating the pipes for the carb conversion. Down here, not sure I will have an icing problem. If anything, the engines run really hot. Have to run synthetic oil to help cool them down.

The only time you need to have intake heat is if it's cold and damp. As for the choke you can probably just tie it open.

·
Administrator
24,672 Posts
Most older Goldwings are cold blooded. Electric chokes tend to open too soon.

Rayjoe

If it opens too soon you could add a resistor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts