Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My apologies, I realized that I posted this in the wrong spot. Sorry abuot that, first time poster.

So, I searched for this one, and found that a few people on this board havean electricfuel pump installed on there wing. Thing is, I could not find much detail.

I have a single carb setup on my bike (some kind of small holley) and my stock pump started the dreaded fuel spurt.

So, I see an electric fuel pump at the autoshop for 50 bucks. Sounds perfect to me, but seems too good to be true. I know this website already has a solution (Radakks) but $200 is a bit out of my range during these times.

Any advice?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Hey, fellow Austinite... A stock OEM pump from Honda is around $75 last time I checked. Crescent Mood Cycles has it for $85. So for less than $100, you can go stock pump that'll last another 20+ years.

There are different electrical pumps, you have to be careful and get the right one (pressure, flow, etc...). Aircraft places sell them as well.

I also have a single carb (on 2 bikes...)

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Greetings to you too Fellow austiniter! What a great city eh?

Im hovering around buying a new stock pump. I was considering the electric only because I am not sure if the stock is delievering enough fuel. Im still searching left and right trying to figure out which Holley carb I have.

But, really, I and probably going to go with the stock option.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Mine's a close cousin to a Holley model 1940 one-barrel. I had a carb shop take a look at it, and they called it a Ford carb.

I've heard them used on Pintos and Jeeps 4 cylinder engines. My pump went out right after I put the carb on. Hey, 25+ years of Texas heat will do that to rubber...

The other bike has a 2bbl Weber.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

well Ill be!!! I just looked up Holley model 1940and found thatthats the one I have!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Well that solves that! I cant thank you enough.

I guess I should look up how to adjust the air/fuel mixture :) I believe the screw on it adjusts the fuel, but Im constantly having to pull the choke back to "adjust" the air mixture.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

My fuel mixture screw is all the way in. I know it's not supposed to be that way, but it's the way it is. It runs great, does not foul the plugs, and gets 37-40 mpg, so I'm happy with it. A couple of others I knew had the same exact setup with the mixture screw.

I'd like to jet it down a notch or two, but I'd rather just get on and ride, instead of wrenching on it.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Responded to your pm.

You ride often? I was considering making my bike a daily commuter. My nissan titan is a gluton for gas

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Do you guys have any pictures of the carb setups? I would love to see how it's been done.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

I uploaded a couple of pics of the carb manifold. They are in my photo album. Ill take better, moredetailed pics soon.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

texaspsycho wrote:
I uploaded a couple of pics of the carb manifold. They are in my photo album. Ill take better, moredetailed pics soon.
You have the exact same setup I have. It was sold by Cycle Innovations which had some presence in Houston. I bought mine new from someone that bought it and never used it.

Maybe we can get together in the next couple of days. I rode to Killeen and back today. Just got bored sitting at home!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.