Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
ringo00 wrote:
There is at least one aftermarket product that does this. I think it is called Landing Gear. I have only seen it once.
Hey ringo00:waving: Welcome to the Best Goldwing Forum on the net. The Landing gear can be seen at [url]http://www.winglandinggear.com/[/url] :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:
No way. Those are training wheels.:dude:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Does anybody know where I can get copies of the instructions for the landinggear that was made in NewOrleans? I have just bought a 97se that has the landinggear on it. I am the third owner and the guy that I bought it from doesn't know where the instructions are. I am 44 and my dad is 66 and retired. He has a 93se, he and my mom go riding all the time. I want to give it to him but, afraid to tackle a project like this without any kind of guidence. I know the guy got wiped out during the storm so, I anybody can help I would thankyou very much.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

A big warm welacome anth3312000, nice to have you join us.

I hope someone with a set of landing gear can help you out, or at least knows someone who can help, with those instructions.

Enjoy the site and visit often. :waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
imported post

RedWinger wrote:
I have just the opposite problem..My center stand deploys with out warning when I pass by the local beach on a sunny day,while looking a these gals young enough to get me 20 years for what I'm thinking..:goofygrin:

Ohhhh ,And my center stand is definitely Hydraulic too.:cheeky1:
Did'nt the same thing happen to Fred Flintstone, when he passed a pretty Girl ??

Tim :bat:

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

Some time ago I reponded to a post about a supprt stand for a 1500. the replys that were posted covered all diff. kinds of "stabilizer wheels" for wings. The unit I was looking for was vrtually identical to BMW's except it had 4" wheels and came down in1.5sec with the touch of a switch on left bar. I was thinking of adapting the Beemer unit but they want 2G's for the unit. It's too bad as it doesn't make the bike looking like "Training Wheels".

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

anth3312000 wrote:
Does anybody know where I can get copies of the instructions for the landinggear that was made in NewOrleans? I have just bought a 97se that has the landinggear on it. I am the third owner and the guy that I bought it from doesn't know where the instructions are. I am 44 and my dad is 66 and retired. He has a 93se, he and my mom go riding all the time. I want to give it to him but, afraid to tackle a project like this without any kind of guidence. I know the guy got wiped out during the storm so, I anybody can help I would thankyou very much.
Howdy anth3312000 :santawaving: You are Very Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

:santahat::18red::santahat:

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
imported post

Looking at the date of the original posting, the question may very well be dead in the water but as a newcomer to this site I've just come across something that 'may' be an answer.
Go to www.americanwings.se a company based in the Netherlands. Click on 1800 products and then Fish's Enterprises. There are two products (one chrome, one black) described as 'Ride Off Centre Stand' at 365 and 290 Euro respectively. Described as suitable for riding off the stand and reversing onto the stand. This is not a personal recommend, so don't beat me up it it doesn't work!
Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
imported post

Ditto Christine....it makes life so much easier. Anyone want a centre stand?
Dennis

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
imported post

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me into the wing forum. The landing gear instruction request came up empty. Thanks to all that tried to help.
My dad and I just put our wings side by side and made the change, so far so good. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
imported post

Check out the following link. I think this is what yous guys are looking for. They have systems for the 1500 and 1800's as well as an interesting product for harleys.

Good luck!

http://www.safetyfeatures.com/

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

lakelander wrote:
Jluvs2dive wrote:
The BMW K1200LT has one so why not the Goldwing. Here's little demo video from their site. Electro-Hydraulic Stand Demo

John
Just had a try on one and it is brilliant, lifted with me and the missus on the bike effortlessly
This is what I wanted to retro fit to Baby a couple years ago but at a cost of over $1500.00cdn I didn't feel it was worth it. I shaved my saddle instead and got thicker soled boots & that did the trick.:baffled::baffled::baffled::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.