Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'll be cleaning the area under the top cover and where the connectors attach to the fairing this afternoon. I plan to use soap and water to clean the everything externally. Of course the battery will be out of the vehicle. After washing I will use leaf blower to dry as much as I can. I can also use compressed air to clean each connection as I disconnect and re connect it.

Is anyone using di-electric grease in the connectors?

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Yep. 3M silicone grease is the same stuff, available in small tins. I've seen a picture of it on this forum before but can't recall what thread it was on.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Retro48 wrote:
I'll be cleaning the area under the top cover and where the connectors attach to the fairing this afternoon. I plan to use soap and water to clean the everything externally. Of course the battery will be out of the vehicle. After washing I will use leaf blower to dry as much as I can. I can also use compressed air to clean each connection as I disconnect and re connect it.

Is anyone using di-electric grease in the connectors?
I've used Gunk engine degreaser, and 409 and had good results, hose it off, roll it intothe shopand blow it dry asi can with compressed air.Then leave the bike overnightwith the top and side covers offand a box fan blowing on it. By morning everything is dry and clean. Then you can open up connectors, give thema blast of air, clean contacts if necessary, pack with dielectric grease and put it all back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.