Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:(Anyone else out there have this problem? I evidently have an electrical drain on my 85 Goldwing. I just bought a new battery for her as the old one showed a dead cell and I was no longer able to recharge it. I put the new battery in after loading it up and rode daily for about a week :). I thought everything was fixed until I garaged her for the weekend to go to Vegas (I would preferred to have ridden her but I went to attend a wedding and carried 4 passengers). At any rate when I got home on Sunday afternoon, I went to starter up and found the battery was completely discharged. :stumped:. If you have any idea what might be causing this drain, let me know. I have a trickle charger and can attach that to the battery to keep the charge up but to do so I have to disconnect the battery. I guess that would be okay, but I sure hate loosing all the info on my computer when I follow the process. I will be okay if I ride daily which I really like to do but there are times that just isn't possible. Again any thoughts are appreciated. v_man_1

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi v man a fully charged battery avolt metor across the battery and start pulling the fuses 1 by 1 when the volts go up thats your draw then you can go about isolating the prob

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Agnogel,

Thanks for the quick and extremely informative response. I'll give her a shot when I get home and put the battery back in. Sounds pretty simple and will give me the info I need with the limited electrical that I have. Thanks for the help v_man_1

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

v man as william 86 said any accesoties direct and when you pull the fuses just take one out no reponce put it back in again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.