Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
So removed a faulty Globe that stopped the taillight So you found a bad bulb is what you are saying? And when you removed it you had no tail lights?

Now no brake lights no Taillight Does this mean since you removed the defective bulb you no longer have any tail lights or brake lights?

Bike wont turn off using the key ? This is new since removing the bulb?

Turns of using Kill Switch
But Dash wont turn off
Also Side stand switch now doesn't work
Can put bike in gear while side stand is down
Not bad for a bike that only has 45000 Kays / 27000 miles on the clock?????

Are you sure you put all the right relays back in the right places. I was surprised by the picture you posted of the relay. It had 5 terminals. I would have expected only 4 terminals on the tail light relay. That is why I ask if you might have one in the wrong place????

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes I removed the faulty Globe and replaced a new one
The one that had five terminals sits by itself in another bank of blue ones
The other terminals are identical
Their is no description on them??????

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
Best guess Terry, just by symptoms is the issue might be associated with the horn relay believe it or not. If the horn relay would backfeed voltage the ignition could be off and the bike would still keep running. Will the bike start with the key off kill switch on? Just for grins pull this relay and see if the key shuts off the engine as it should. See and click on picture below. I also put a picyure of the possible layout of the relays if that help. Clck on pictures to enlarge them.
Do youur brake lights work?

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Thanks mate Ill check that?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh but when I turn the bike off by key and the bikes still running with the dash lights still on???
If I touch the front brake the bike goes off, motor and dash lights?????

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
Check that relay and even flip flop it. It is just a guess but there is some logic that says maybe. Check the wiring to be sure nothing is touching down there also. Just really give that whole area a good look. :)
I have to go to bed now. it is 3:00 AM here. Bedtime. Good Luck. :)

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
Thanks mate Ill check that?
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh but when I turn the bike off by key and the bikes still running with the dash lights still on???
If I touch the front brake the bike goes off, motor and dash lights?????
This sounds like some stray voltage from somewhere. It is strong enough to hold the relay on. When you use power to light the brake lights the relay voltage drops too low and the relay drops out. You have voltage feeding back or wires touching ever so slightly etc. I just think it is going to be in the area near the turn horn relay???????????

41 - 49 of 49 Posts