Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This weekend the wife and I took an overnight trip and the Wing developed in issue. We stopped for gas and as soon as I hit the starter button, the whole panel went dead. No lights, no clicks, nothing. The 50A fuse was good, the 30A at the solenoid was good, the pos and neg on the battery were good, so I started wiggling wires. Pushing on the pos wire going into the solenoid brought it all back to life. This has to be done for every start. Once running, it doesn't miss a beat for 100s of miles. Its obviously a loose/bad connection, but I'll dig into it tonight. Anyone else have this happen?

On a positive note, my LCD screen has been intermittent for the last year. Installed new 340A AGM battery 2 weeks ago and it's worked 100% of the time since!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

the solenoid may be faulty its self could be burned on the inside once you start the bike it will run on the ault unless the battery is disconnected takes a lot of power for the starter to turn the motor

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

Maybe the old battery terminals were just loose and fitting the new battery and tightening them up fixed the dash problem. That solenoid probably needs to be examined too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.