Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:weightlifter:I sure enjoyed redoing my electrical system. I got rid of all the stuff that I felt was unnecessary. No more diodes , the resistor that was by them (which I think was part of bypassing the ballast during startup/I did put in a puch/pull switch to jump across the ballast during startup ‘till I get my DyanS back, then I’ll get rid of it because I put in Acell Super (3ohm)Coils). No more secondary lighting system, no clutch switch. There’s probably a couple other things I can’t think of, but I did keep the neutral light, highbeam indicator/instrument lights, and I put in a cigarette lighter for a little air pump.

I got rid of a good 30 feet of wire. I know a lot of people think your ‘spose to keep these things original (Randak thought this was a terrible idea), but I don’t care about resale, I want this thing to be as simple as possible, and as easy to maintain as possible for the next 20 years. I’ve done this electrical “simplification” to all the bikes I’ve owned with great results….I’ve never had an electrical problem after doing it, and it's a real good way to get to know your bike!

I can’t say why exactly, but I really enjoyed doing it on this particular bike!…It sure runs great!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.