Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey guys,
Have problem with fuse blowing. Im not with the bike right now but i believe it is the fourth fuse from the bottom. Sorry this is on a 97 1500.The fuse is a 15 amp. I think it is labeled tail and something else. Had the console off and the instrument panel out this weekend replacing front speakers. On way home from work last night the od light quit(had replaced the bulb,been out for over a year)the temp guage and fuel guage also were not working. I thought #3 relay went bad (had that problem before) Got home and checked fuses first. This fuse continues to blow everytime i turn key on. Safe to assume:?that i pinched wire somewhere? If so where to start looking. Sorry for long post ,tried to cover all potential responses. THANKS GUYS

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

Karholler wrote:
Hey guys,
Have problem with fuse blowing. Im not with the bike right now but i believe it is the fourth fuse from the bottom. Sorry this is on a 97 1500.The fuse is a 15 amp. I think it is labeled tail and something else. Had the console off and the instrument panel out this weekend replacing front speakers. On way home from work last night the od light quit(had replaced the bulb,been out for over a year)the temp guage and fuel guage also were not working. I thought #3 relay went bad (had that problem before) Got home and checked fuses first. This fuse continues to blow everytime i turn key on. Safe to assume:?that i pinched wire somewhere? If so where to start looking. Sorry for long post ,tried to cover all potential responses. THANKS GUYS
I had the same one go on me. Its for the tail and guages. It is a fifteen amp. Mine kept blowing because I had too much draw. I ended up putting a relay inline to the trailer. I don't know what could be causing yours to go but if it was o.k. before then go back to where you were BEFORE taking it apart and start checking things there. If you took something apart "Had the console off and the instrument panel out this weekend replacing front speakers" start with that. While you take it apart look at all the connections along the way to make sure everything is together nice and tight. Start with simple and easy and proceed to the more difficult and costly. May need a meter and a continuity tester too.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Candy
Thanks for the reply. Guess im like others ,wanting the simple fix:cheesygrin: Tearing into that panel is not very exciting. Weather is suppose to finally cool off a little and all i wanted to do was RIDE BABY RIDE:action:

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
imported post

I hear you. I always dislike taking the faux tank and all the plastic off. It seens to me it comes off easier than it goes back on and I always seem to forget something. Just make sure you look at things closely and take a bit more time that normal. I'm sure you'll find the problem. Good luck!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

Have you any after market stuff connected to the running lights like the ring of fire extera lights etc etc when you changed the speakers there was no need to remove the clocks only the top shelter look up under the front fairing and see have the tripple tree of fork legs snaged any cables especialy the after matket stuff

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

agnogel,
no extras. I removed dash to install some new bulbs. Guess i will break down and tear it down again. Thanks for help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.