Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi, I have a GL 1500 (1993) Recently I had a major service on the bike. Soon afterward, I noticed that all my riding lights went out when I selected a gear except neutral. Also when I select reverse, the reverse relay under the seat rapidlypulses on and off and my riding lights flash with it. I have checked all I can on the bike including testing the reverse diodes and the relays... Also the reverse only works for a brief period then stops.I'm beaten... any ideas out there.

Peter

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Fixed :Dit was a loose cobnnection under the seat. Left side of bike is a large multi-pin connector. As well as leaving my sump plug finger tight, my idiot mechanic did not join the connector properly. This is the first time I have not done my own maintenance.. and the last.

Thanks for the private responses

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Peter, Thats a new one. I've heard these symptoms before and it is usually a sign of a faulty reverse relay (the one that links to the lights). At least you didn't go out and buy a relay!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

I started another post under reverse problems. I have a 1988 GL1500 and the reverse works briefly. About 2 or 3 lunges then quits. I have to move the shifter handle down and back up again to reset it. I checked all the wiring plugs, pulled them apart and cleaned them. I replaced starter solenoid A as well. I checked all the relays with an ohms meter, and all read correctly as per the clymer manual. I'm stomped. According to 5 honda dealers, i'm the only guy in america with this problem. No one has ever heard of it before. The battery is new and fully charged. The revese switch below the dipstick works fine. The switch behind the shift lever works fine. The kickstand switch tests fine. All the relays checked out OK, but it seems like one of the relays stop and start again. Thats what its doing in reverse. Any help is greatly appreciated. By the way, I just joined the forum today. I bought this goldwing brand new in 1988. It only has 10,000 miles on it.

Hoots

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.