45 Posts
imported post

ROSTRA INSTALLATION IN A GL1100I

Do a forum search with this item should give a starting point

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The Rostra electronic cruise control is a great system and one of the easiest to install since it's an all in one unit. They run around $170 and are worth every penny. They have very good documentation and excellent tech support if you have problems setting them up. I installed one in my pickup and after tweaking the DIP switches found it to be one of the best I've used. I don't think there's anything better you can put on a motorcycle for long trips than a cruise control.

http://www.mnrelectronics.com/par25roscrui.html

http://members.cox.net/bdfelice/Motorcycle/Rostra.shtml

Sandiegobrass installed one on his 1100, here's a link to his posting. Rostra

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Should be an easy installation... hardest part will be determining the speed sensor parameters, but that can be done pretty easy... exavid has the link to the thread of my installation... read that and see wihat you think... and HERE is thelink to completeInstallation and Testing Document (pdf)

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Drop a PM to Tricky. He put an electronic automobile cruise on his and it works very well.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Goldwings 4 ever wrote:
Drop a PM to Tricky. He put an electronic automobile cruise on his and it works very well.
He had a link but I think it dissappeared..Beloware bothlinks to documents.. He installed the control unit under the right saddlebag where mine was on the backside between the bag and wheel.. other minor differences at linkage, otherwise about the same..

tricky install

SDB install

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.