Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have watched several threads from members about electronic gear and how to put it together to work..:shock::shock: and I don't understand a damn thing:?:?.

I would like to purchase a new helmet for next season and would like to have music, ipod and cell phone all work inside the helmet. Members tell of syncing GPS's and ipod's and phones and all having it work in the helmet.

I am looking at a Shoei modular helmet, is there an easy explanation with easy instructions on how to go about doing what I would like to do? I don't plan on getting a GPS anytime soon.

Thanks for any suggestions!!:clapper::clapper:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

There are a few solutions, but I think probably one of the simplest is the J&M. This setup connects to the factory system and you can use any headsets that are compatible with the GoldWing system.

The Cell Phone/GPS/Radar Detector Integration Terminal for Honda® GL-1800 will hook up a cell phone, a GPS and a radar detector to your system.

Add the Bluetooth® Cell Phone Adapter for J&M CFRG Modules to connect your cell phone via Bluetooth instead of by wire to the headset jack.

Your MP3 player will play through the jack that is already present under the left fairing pocket on the 1800. You need a straight through 1/8" male to 1/8" male stereo cable to hook up your MP3 player to the GoldWing jack.

I use the J&M stuff on my 1500 and will gladly give you any info I can on it, so feel free to ask. I'm just not sure specifically what info you want right now, so I'll end here and await any questions. :)

John

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

These J&M products are just so damnexpensive

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Bob W wrote:
These J&M products are just so damnexpensive
They are expensive for sure, but then so is most stuff you buy for bikes. The Kennedy stuff is even more expensive. :)

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
I use the J&M stuff on my 1500 and will gladly give you any info I can on it, so feel free to ask. I'm just not sure specifically what info you want right now, so I'll end here and await any questions. :)

John
OK, I guess I am just trying to understand how stuff works so I can figure out what will work for me.

What I understood from another thread is this, somehow an ipos was linked to a GPS and those were linked to a cell phone then run through Bluetooth to some type of set in the helmet. I don't know if this is what they meant or just what I understood. I am SOOOOOOO Lost:shock::shock:.

I am still trying to decide what helmet and combination of gear will work and how. I don't know if this helps or not.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Some GPS' have a built in MP3 player, internal iPod if you will, and they also have a blue tooth interface that can talk to your cell phone. With that, you still need a method of getting that plugged into your factory intercom system or a headset that can plug into your GPS.

John

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

OK, Things are starting to clear up somewhat.

Thank you John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

No problem. Feel free to ask away if you have more questions.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.