Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

could be that the input signal you are using is too high a level

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

The input that comes in from the tape player is designed for a very very low lvel of input, the output from your MP3 or whatever you are using as your music source is too high of a level which causes the distortion. I did the mod below and it works prety well although if I were to do it again I would shop for a good inline FM modulator instead of doing all the messing round to modify the radio.

http://www.sheriart.net/honda/

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

How good is the sound quality of the in line fm vs the cassette addapter?.. im actually running a cassette adapter connected to a gigawire ipod charger with an output for the aux in, the level is kinda low as when used with the cassete sounds pretty clear

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

I used an inline Modulator with my XM radio in the cage and it sounded great, better than any casette adapter I ever heard. On a bike with the small helmet speakers or at road speed the sound is not going to be really great anyway. The inline modulator should provide good sound while not requiring a whole lot of messing around to get it to work. The internal radio mod turned out to be more work that I thought it was going to be when I started.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

ill try to find an inline fm modulator or an electronic technician that can do the mod, this is for my car not the bike

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

New head units are cheap and have aux inputs. seen as low as 50 bucks at walmart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.