Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The factory has begun assembling 100 vehicles for use in crash testing and in fleet sales (for evaluation).

Also, you can see a change from the fourth prototype to the fifth. This is going to be what they go with for now, the E series (above) will be evaluated. They also contain the Elio engine (not the geo as in the prototypes). The image below is from the fabrication of the P5.

echassis.jpg

4.5.jpg

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its hard to say. My # is 2743, pretty low on the list, over 55, 000 if you include all the levels. Not sure how many "all ins" as they are the only ones that get numbers assigned.

I dont figger it will be in 16. I am ok with that. As long as they keep making progress, I am fine.

·
Magic Moderator
4,522 Posts
They are going somewhere with their units. At least they are making an attempt at becoming part of the 'Three World'. Looks like a 3 cylinder engine.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I've been loosely following the Elio for a long time. Everytime I see the name, I can't help but think "Liz Carmichael and the Dale".

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are going somewhere with their units. At least they are making an attempt at becoming part of the 'Three World'. Looks like a 3 cylinder engine.
Indeed, three cylinder. Its the only major component design specifically for the car. 90% of it is off the shelf, north american content.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
My wife had a mid-90's Geo Metro. That engine looks awfully familiar.

·
Magic Moderator
4,522 Posts
Indeed, three cylinder. Its the only major component design specifically for the car. 90% of it is off the shelf, north american content.
It sounds like this will be the first product that will be 'American Made' and probably close to 100% U.S. parts.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
http://jalopnik.com/elio-motors-just-delayed-its-deliveries-again-again-1764881066

Down at the bottom of the story, click on the "its happened before" link.
I have zero problem with any skeptics on the Elio. Its fair... The thing is, I dont care. My eyes are wide open...

My wife pissed away $60,000 on a movie that was gonna make us rich. It never made a single frame let alone a dollar.

I have $1000 in on this. If it works, I am gonna have a cool rig. If it doesnt, oh well. No I cant afford that $1k very often, but my risk is limited, and done with my eyes wide open.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Best wishes!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
I have zero problem with any skeptics on the Elio. Its fair... The thing is, I dont care. My eyes are wide open...

My wife pissed away $60,000 on a movie that was gonna make us rich. It never made a single frame let alone a dollar.

I have $1000 in on this. If it works, I am gonna have a cool rig. If it doesnt, oh well. No I cant afford that $1k very often, but my risk is limited, and done with my eyes wide open.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Best wishes!
60 grand!!! Yikes. In your situation, I would risk the $1000 too. Hope it works out.
I signed up 3 or 4 years ago for their newsletter emails because it look interesting. Maybe, IF they make a go of it, I might have to pay full retail.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
60 grand!!! Yikes. In your situation, I would risk the $1000 too. Hope it works out.
I signed up 3 or 4 years ago for their newsletter emails because it look interesting. Maybe, IF they make a go of it, I might have to pay full retail.
And if you do, you will get one with the bugs worked out, so maybe you are the smart one, not me! ahahaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.