Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Not receiving email notifications.
This is the first time I have had this problem. I have checked that the email is not blocked and is in my white list, and not hiding in my spam folder. Seems to have happened after the last site update.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Mine started working again today. Give it a little time to get back to normal, we always have teething troubles after server upgrades or maintenance.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Are yours working yet ebanjo? If not, let me know and I will look into it.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I've had to bump this up to the tech guys. I'll post back when I have an update.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

No email notifications for me yet either. I created this account to see if the problem is tied to my account.

John

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Testing email notifications to the new account.

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Testing to my personal email again.

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Testing testing testing, is this thing on?

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

And more more more more :sleepy:

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Has changing your email address worked for anyone?

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

ebanjo wrote:
Has changing your email address worked for anyone?
Yes, changing my email address from my personal email address to my work address worked. I see where the problem is but I haven't figured out how to get around it yet, but the real issue needs to be fixed on the sender end. Here's part ofthe header info on one that got through to my work address

Authentication-Results: **.***.com
x-ip-ptr=pass dns.ptr=name3.autoforums.com (ip=208.43.63.90);
x-ip-helo=hardfail smtp.helo=putil01.verticalscope.com (does not match 208.43.63.90);
x-ip-mail=hardfail [email protected] (domain has no MX)

The email address it comes from is [email protected]. The server ptr (pointer) dns record is for name3.autoforums.com (ip=208.43.63.90)
The smtp helo comes from putil01.verticalscope.com which does not match the IP address and has no MX record. This is a mis-configured system on the senders end.

My work server is passing this through anyway but my personal email address server, owned by Just Host, will not pass it through. I've been trying to configure it to pass it through with the access I have, but have been unsuccessful. Even if I did get it to allow it through, that wouldn't help all the other people that are getting it blocked for the same reason.

John

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Thanks for the info. You should send it to marco.

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

I changed my email to my gmail address and did just get a notification. I am surprised that the gmail worked.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.