Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Vietnam veteran buddy of mine, who runs a local market, just called me on the behalf of 1800 rider from Missouri passing through who's 1800 is dumping gas out the bottom. The guy's got a local motel room, and he's gonna wait for our Honda shop to open in the morning, but.... their help may not be all that great!

Anybody know what this might be? Had it happen? If you got an idea, please post it and I'll print it off and run it down to the guy........appreciated.....

Cousin Jack

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

maybe a hose from the fuel pump has a crack in it. My 86 toyota pickup went through 12 gallons of gas in 30 miles when this happened to it. Is it leaking from one side or in the middle?

·
Administrator
26,145 Posts
imported post

It ain't gonna be fun whatever it is. Most likely a line connection came loose. They are a type of quick release connectors that if not snapped on good can come apart. It happened to my son's CBR when it had about 8,000 miles on it. Was able to fix it on the side of the road, in the dark but everything is well hidden on an 1800.

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

could it be just the overflow...........you know expansion of gas and stuff with a fill up, ride a little and shake it up and puff, bubbles running out the hose

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
imported post

if it is coming from the front of the engine, it could be the evaporator canister. which can be caused from over filling the tank or a bad vacum valve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.