Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi,
I work for Emgo in the product development dept. I hear that some of you have had glue break down issues with our Goldwing fuel filters. We would like to get to the bottom of this problem. I can bbe contacted at (770) 944-3532 or [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

Hi Pablo. You might post this also at nakedgoldwings.com . There are a few threads there about problems with the emgo filters . JB

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

I think You will have to register and then wait to be approved by one of the moderators. . Dont quote me on this but I think that is how it works. Something about hackers as the site was down for a long time due to hackers. JB

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
imported post

I just posted the above on NGW. Hope you don't mind, Paul.:)

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

Emgo Rules.... :waving:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Thanks for the enthusiastic comment. it seems you might in the minority after reading many of the comments on various Goldwing forums.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
imported post

pablo morganola wrote:
Hi,
I work for Emgo in the product development dept. I hear that some of you have had glue break down issues with our Goldwing fuel filters. We would like to get to the bottom of this problem. I can bbe contacted at (770) 944-3532 or [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.
Pablo: Thank you for responding to this site about this problem. I started the thread about the defective filters for my 76 gl1000 and my 93 gl1500. Both were in the same condition. Whichcaused me to have to remove and clean the glue from the carbs on the 76 while on the road. So far the 93 has not been a problem.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=78904&forum_id=1&highlight=EMGO+filters

I sent an e-mail on 09/21 with the pic to your contact, [email protected] and as yet have received no response.Therefore I will no longer buy EMGOfuel filtersand will relate the problem to all of my friends.I won'ttake the chance of having a breakdown on the road like last time. I hope you solve your problem for the sake of all who use your products but you have lost at least one customer. Sincerely, Tom Bell

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

I don't care what they say:shock:.... I'm giving you an "A" for effort.:waving:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Hi Tom,
I understand how you feel, a breakdown is a real pain in the neck. We do sell thousands of these filters. In the last three years or so, I have heard from about three guys who have mentioned filters failing due to "Melting glue". I am curious what part of the country you live in? Also do you use any additives in your fuel? Do you still have thhe fuel filter in question? I have heard some guys on Goldwing forums talk about "Seafoam" whatever that is. Any further information you could give me regarding this mastter would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
imported post

Pablo: I live in Oklahoma. We have 10% ethanol here at most pumps. This particular filter was on the bike for2 or 3 weeks but it was perhaps a year old. I usually purchase them in quantitiesof 2 or 3. No fuel additives at all used with it such as Seafoam. I will look to see if I still have the old filter but I think I tossed it.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
imported post

Pablo: I do still have the paper element but not the plastic housing.

If you do a search of the threads you will find more than a couple of problems relating to the glue. Here and on the nakedgoldwings site.

Captainmidnight, I also give an A for effort and I am willing to assist where I can.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

Hey Tom,
Thanks for the information. Every little bit helps. if you do find that old filter I'd like to see it. Thanks,

paul

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

you can go to walmart and get the seafoam and do your own tests . That would let ya know about the seafoam anyway?JB

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
imported post

paul, its always great to see someone stepping up to the plate to fix problems. nothing is perfect. as long as a company is willing to fix their mistakes or short comings its worth sticking with them. not a lot of companies will do that unless you're a big buyer. however if a company can't fix the problems then its definately time to move on. good luck to you, thanks for you're concern. kudo's :clapper:

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

Thanks for the lead. I agree any product newer than 100 years old in new to the market??? Actually they say there product is 65 years old. 2009 - 65 + 1944, I guess WWII was a trying time so I'll let is slide. They do mention on thier website that Seafoam disolves carbon and other deposits. I havve inquired with them to see if it can have the same effect on our glue.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.