Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

trouble with carbs, took gas filter out, black stuff in the inlet end, then i feel the element inside is loose. new one is not. took it to honda shop n showed it to mechanic, never seen this before he said, so we took a new one apart, it has apaper filter inside, glued to outlet of filter. so crap from gas went into carbs with the old one

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
imported post

was the old filter on the bike an emgo filter? I think honda sells emgo as a replacement filter. So are you saying the emgo filters are no good? I need to know because I just bought a couple of them but haven't installed them yet on my bikes.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i have all so use the emgo line for my bikes and never had a bad one yet----but -------

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,963 Posts
imported post

escogold wrote:
I think honda sells emgo as a replacement filter.
I just put a new "Honda" filter on mine. It was not an EMGO.

It was packaged, like all Honda parts, in sealed plastic with the part # on a red lable.

Your dealer may sell EMGO as aftermarket but they shouldn't represent it as a Honda replacement. Honda doesn't.

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

good question, i put another emgo in, but i'll be watching it closely. looken for new stile that fits milimeter gas line

·
mmonsterbuck
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

i'm wondering if seafoam did it to the filter, because it looks like its glued to the outlet of the filter

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
imported post

Ive had Seafoam in my gas on my 1200 and also use it as a stabilizer for winter and I use and have spare Emgo filters for it and have never had a problem. I also use Emgo air filters for her also.Unfortunately sometimes you do get a bad one.I would look at where it was glued and how well they seamed the joint. Ive used Seafoam in the oil,gas, my mower, leaf blower, and weed wacker over the years and have never had an issue with them.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
imported post

So that's what they wanted 25 bucks for! No they weren't representing an emgo as replacement. Got the quote over the phone. I guess 25 is cheap compared to carb teardown. Penny wise pound foolish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.