Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed the brake pads on the front of my 1991 goldwing with eml trike conversion. But I have a rubbing noise coming from the left brake pad. I have took them back off regreased the caliper but when I tighten everything back up I still have the rubbing. Can anyone advise me please.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Is it Honda OEM front end or the fat car tire front end?

If Honda OEM, there is a process whereby you check and adjust the gap between the caliper & rotor, on the left side … it's adjusted at the axle as I recall.

On the 1500, the axle goes through right leg lower, into spacer and wheel and out the other (left) side through speedo drive (make sure two inner tangs are seated in notches) and through the left lower leg, then nut goes on. Pretty simple.

You tighten the axle bolt once all is in place (BEFORE tightening the pinch bolts).

Use wrench and socket and torque wrench. Main thing is tighten it BEFORE pinch bolts. You rotate speedo drive so tab is up against rear of tab inside for tube. Connect drive cable, and tighten pinch bolts … CHECKING THAT LEFT SIDE CALIPER TO ROTOR.

Then deal with brakes and covers and etc.

I took a picture of the page, then for clarity, I rewrote the instructions part for my use too. If just adjusting clearance on an already assembled bike, you'll need to loosen any fasnder bracket or other attachment between the forks, like a Superbrace for example.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts