Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
24,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having trouble with the extra emoticons, the ones that are supposed to open when you click the "more" button? All I get is a new tab with the message I am trying to post.

·
Administrator
24,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:doh: Guess so, I switched browsers and it works.

·
Administrator
24,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome glad everything worked. What browser were you using before?
Please let us know if this issue occurs again.

Cheers,

Ed
Been using firefox for at least 15 years, I like the way it works and the features it has. Just recently got the new version, 57 I think. It doesn't do some of the other things it used to, for instance making a degree symbol with alt+167.

·
Administrator
57,475 Posts
Alt-1

pulls up my Google Calendar, but that is most likely because I installed the Google Addon

but, the Degree symbol appears to be lost :(

okay, here is a request for you IT folks up north,

give us a Degree symbol for our temperature text, okay?

·
Administrator
1,116 Posts
Was the shortcut for the 'degree' symbol "Alt + (-) + 1" (alt, minus, 1) used before to bring up the degree symbol? I did it now and it shows a smiley in the editor....

Let's see how it posts: ☺

Yup, same smiley. When did you notice this change? What device/browser are you using? I'm using chrome on a win 10 desktop. Is anyone else having this same issue as well?

Thanks,
Nate

·
Administrator
24,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was the shortcut for the 'degree' symbol "Alt + (-) + 1" (alt, minus, 1) used before to bring up the degree symbol? I did it now and it shows a smiley in the editor....

Let's see how it posts: ☺

Yup, same smiley. When did you notice this change? What device/browser are you using? I'm using chrome on a win 10 desktop. Is anyone else having this same issue as well?

Thanks,
Nate
I thought that only worked on firefox, alt+167 makes a º , there are others I can't remember right now but it also works on the avast browser. ¢, å, Ñ,æ,Æ,{,|,},~,⌂,Ç, All kinds of neat stuff, you have to use the number pad.

·
Administrator
1,116 Posts
Hello there,

Our forums work best with Chrome and Firefox.
If you guys ever have troubles, try clearing your caches and cookies.
Feel free to ask us if you guys have any troubles with the forum.

Best regards,

Ed

·
Administrator
1,116 Posts
That is mostly because this thread is from 2017, the new software has imbedded functionality, so any emotes you can use on your device and browser should display properly.

Hope that helps. :)

-Gerrit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts