Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're driving back from Daytona Trailer Week, and it's another steady stream of trailers. 99.99% Harley Davidson and .01% Indian, with not a single Goldwing in sight all day.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
657 Posts
Sounds like the way Americade is getting. More and more Harley's and fewer Goldwings.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Sorry, didnt get to go last year or this year. I sure missed it. That would have been 4 goldwings if we had made it. Yes we ride ours down and back.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
657 Posts
Sorry, didnt get to go last year or this year. I sure missed it. That would have been 4 goldwings if we had made it. Yes we ride ours down and back.
Totally cancelled last year. This year they changed it from June until late Sept.
I have been going 28 years in a row. It is not what it used to be. A lot of the seminars, events and tours have been eliminated in the prior 4 years. The town is not crowded with bikes anymore. More cars and local in town now. Everything is centered around Fort William Henry. No more parade or barbecue. Food trucks everywhere. Less vendors, more flea market type stuff. Friday night party in the town was nothing but a drunk fest. Most of them were locals, there only to see the free fireworks that Americaders paid for. A big difference from when Bill ran it. Now it seems to be nothing but a money making venture.
We already had our schedule in place before Christian changed the dates with no notice. Last time I checked in December, it was still set for June. We cancelled our campground reservations that we have had all 28 years.

I will miss all the friends I made up there though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts