Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

:hallo:Can somebody tell where the breather hose is properly routed?

I did not catch that When I bought my 78 GL1000. Presently the hose is routed from the enginebreather to the other side of the engine and then it isrouted between the outside frame and the cover toward the air filterconnector. Its a straight hose and there is not a breather collector like described for the earlier GL1000. I guess the routing is not correct or the hose might bewrong. WhenI route it inside the frame to the filter then the hose is bent pretty roughand the breathing route is blocked. Is there another breather hoseavailable with an about 90 degree angle to fit that way. I can not find any information in the clymermanual.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
imported post

I got a new piece of fuel-rated hose for mine. It goes from the crankcase breather to the fitting on the outside of the airbox labeled "FROM ENGINE." Then another hose connects to the other stem at the airbox and goes down under the gas tank, under the cross-frame before the back wheel, to vent to atmostphere. Technically, there is supposed to be a 'breather collector' cannister to catch and condense the recycled vapours. Mine is missing, and the part is discontinued, so the hose just runs open to the air. The idea is to re-cycle some of the crankcase vapours through the airbox/bike, to reduce pollution.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

mag wrote:
I got a new piece of fuel-rated hose for mine. It goes from the crankcase breather to the fitting on the outside of the airbox labeled "FROM ENGINE." Then another hose connects to the other stem at the airbox and goes down under the gas tank, under the cross-frame before the back wheel, to vent to atmostphere. Technically, there is supposed to be a 'breather collector' cannister to catch and condense the recycled vapours. Mine is missing, and the part is discontinued, so the hose just runs open to the air. The idea is to re-cycle some of the crankcase vapours through the airbox/bike, to reduce pollution.
Actually, I think the collector was supposed to stop oil and "dirty fluids" from ending up on the street and polluting ground-water and so forth.... dumb idea... where are you suppose to grain it out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.