Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

trying to find out what this is also. i'm having problems and its not carbs, so if i can find out what parts they are and the purpose they play i'll be able to diognose my problem and repair according.

thank everyone for their patience

mark:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

What kind of problems?:baffled:

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

bikes broke:cheeky1:

seriously, problem started a few days ago, all of a sudden bike started acting like it was running on 3 cylinders. kept riding it to dennis's house. got ready to leave bike would not go. start and idle fine but give it any gas at all would die. changed slides, intake gaskets where carbs mount t manifold. cold bike starts , idles and revs pretty . synced carbs also.cleaned carbs again too. when bike gets hot 10mins. or so idles good give it throttle, dies. pulled all 6 spark plugs...BLACK... cleaned, bike cooled off now. start, idle, revs great. go for short ride, get back pull plugs again, BLACK.... now bike getting warm again, give it any throttle dies.

noticed book shows engine control module connected to idle adjustment, vacum, thought this may be problem?

saw in book about, airjet solenoids, thought this may be culprit.

fuel reserve sensor, again in book, thought this may be culprit

just trying to find out what some parts are so as to try and determine problem.

but now that you're here:cheeky1:

mark

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I wish I could give you some useful information on this one but really haven't dug into the 1500 carburetion system because mine hasn't given me a reason to as I posted on your other thread on this problem. There's gotta be some here that know the 1500's carburetion system that can help. Anyone out there?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

One probably useless thought... does the intake snorkel open once the bike warms up? There's a flapper valve that cuts off the hot air intake once the engine warms up that switches the hot air hose at the front of the air box. If that doesn't open it might be choking the engine a bit and also causing the hot air to enrichen the mixture even more. If that was happening opening the throttle would add more fuel while the intake was still restricted choking the engine down enough perhaps to kill it.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

exavid wrote:
One probably useless thought... does the intake snorkel open once the bike warms up? There's a flapper valve that cuts off the hot air intake once the engine warms up that switches the hot air hose at the front of the air box. If that doesn't open it might be choking the engine a bit and also causing the hot air to enrichen the mixture even more. If that was happening opening the throttle would add more fuel while the intake was still restricted choking the engine down enough perhaps to kill it.
i'm pretty sure that is what its doing. another member said take that loose and i can at least give it gas now. its not a cure, but it is part of the problem, i believe. just need to figure out how to solve this.

thank you for your help

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

exavid wrote:

paul,

found hole in hot air pipe and collapsed in middle. gonna swap this piece out and eliminate this as source of problem

also found out #3 pink tube works the flapper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.