Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

How do you change engine coolant ? Also have problem with wife and radio we have full face Shoie helmets with Honda line Headsets. Original radio w/ CB no CD changer and bike has some kind of (volume knob ?) on passenger right side. Wife has a severe hearing loss. There are no rear speakers have been told if we put original rear speakers 4ohms 35 watt speakers it should help her hear But have also been told that there is a J&M Volume control cord 5-Pin system Part # HC-ZBV Do you think that would help and is it different from the knob on right side of bike? any suggestions so my Wife can Enjoy! our rides together! THANKS

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Are you sure there are no rear speakers fitted? The passenger knob you describe is probably a passenger audio controller, they normally get fitted with rear speakers.

·
Administrator
26,154 Posts
imported post

On the coolant change the drain plug is a 10mm in a recess just above the oil filter.
Remove the right fairing pocket to access the radiator cap. Drain the coolant and with the bike on the side stand refill and start it with the cap off and run until warm to purge any air then top off the reservoir behind the left engine side cover.

·
Senior Guru
4,293 Posts
imported post

. .Volume adjuster on rear will never increase what's already available from radio. If it's too loud for you, and just ok for her, you might consider adding an adjuster for you. I do that, and it works a treat. If you can't get volume high enough for her, a better set of ear transducers may be the ticket. (Ed_sets, or the high end J&M. I use Koss Titanium's myself. The Hondaline are pretty cheap, and in-efficient. Also, the transducers really need to be as close to ears as possible, to get effective volume. Makes a huge difference, and definitely better tone range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.