Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i have a 1986 aspencade with 59 thousand miles, first start in the morning it has a engine knock, it lasts for maybe 1- 2 seconds,and ideas,is this normal on some goldwings

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
imported post

You probably have a little wear on the engine bearings. I wouldn't worry about it much but put a little lucas oil treatment in it(10% of capacity) so the bearings will have a little lube remaining until the oil pressure comes up. My 83 1100 did that and I put a spin on filter adapter on it so it wouldn't take as long for the oil pressure to build. That lessened it from a few seconds to just a couple of knocks.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

my friends 1100 would do that. i think it started when he ran it with 5 or 6 litters of oil i guess that damaged something.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

Gidday,

Yeh my 86 aspy does the same, only happens when she is cold, turn the motor over a few times with the kill switch on, before starting seems to help.

not too much, maybe 4 to 6 turns, I wouldn't try this if the battery is suspect, or too much might flood her. I have an odyssey installed, which has some grunt.

good luck,

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks for the info on lucas, i put it in when i changed the oil and it has helped alot, thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

try 20/50 oil....what you have now?.....turn it over with the plugs out and see if any fuel come sprayin out...after sitting overnight or longer....if so one or more float needles are not closing...just a hunch!!

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

hey frenchy did you try this...im just curious

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.