Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just picked up new (used) goldwing with 5000 miles and noticed that in the quiet of my garage with the engine idling at normal temp I hear a slight tapping from the engine cases. Is this normal? The previous owner stated that he put in synthetic oil. Is this OK? Also my Harley helmet with a 7 prong connector will not fit the 11 prong connector on the goldwing. Is there an adapter I can use? Thanks for your help! Nervous new father...

Scope Down

BH

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:waving: The wing has a 5 pin connector, the hardly has a 7. So you need a 5 pin set up to use the headsets on any metric bike, including the Wing.

J and M might have a lower cord that will adapt the harley gear to the wing, might, that is where I would start looking for something.

Tapping? One thing for sure oil has nothing to do with it, could it be the fuel injectors firing? I am not sure what you are hearing, sometimes in a closed garage I can hear the injectors fire.

Kit

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

Synthetic oil is not a problem, it is commonly used in Goldwings. Some people won't use anything else.

Most GL1800 engines have what I would describe as a "clicking" sound that comes from the fuel injectors and can be heard at idle. Soon after I bought my 05 I took it back to the dealer to ask about it. I don't even notice it anymore.

As far as the headsets are concerned, Kit is correct. If you have the J & M brand headsets all you need is a new lower cord.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.