Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

my 82 aspencade has a very slight leak out of the weep hole on the water pump, slight as in overnight about 2 or 3 drops. Is it acceptable to try the stop leak that claims to swell and rejuvenate seals or is there an adverse effect on the fiber material on the clutch discs? I know I should pull the cover and pump and I will one day, but until then, what does everyone think? Oh, I have not used anything like this on a bike, but have had some degrees of luck with it in larger engines.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

they tend to weep like that if you don't ride them for a long time...ride it daily and it might just stop leaking.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I don't know much of the history of the bike, the previous owner was not very helpful, he said the timing belt was done and some other things, but the first thing I did was change the oil and filter. Of course I don't know if it leaked before that or not, but it doesn't get noticed until after. I am a believer in synthetic oil, but for a first oil change on an unknown bike barring the chance of having to drain it right back out for a leak or some other unknown reason, I did use castrol 10-40 petroleum based.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.