Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

my 82 aspencade has a very slight leak out of the weep hole on the water pump, slight as in overnight about 2 or 3 drops. Is it acceptable to try the stop leak that claims to swell and rejuvenate seals or is there an adverse effect on the fiber material on the clutch discs? I know I should pull the cover and pump and I will one day, but until then, what does everyone think? Oh, I have not used anything like this on a bike, but have had some degrees of luck with it in larger engines.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
imported post

I had that little dripping for awhile but has stopped.
It would be a good idea to pull the lower hose and check water pump play before it gets worse.

We dont know for sure what's in that stop leak stuff so better not to use it.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

The only stop leak that I will use is a new seal. I dont trust that mystery stuff!

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
imported post

they tend to weep like that if you don't ride them for a long time...ride it daily and it might just stop leaking.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I don't know much of the history of the bike, the previous owner was not very helpful, he said the timing belt was done and some other things, but the first thing I did was change the oil and filter. Of course I don't know if it leaked before that or not, but it doesn't get noticed until after. I am a believer in synthetic oil, but for a first oil change on an unknown bike barring the chance of having to drain it right back out for a leak or some other unknown reason, I did use castrol 10-40 petroleum based.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.