Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 Days of research and youtube videos have brought me no closer to a resolution.
Unlike the ADG rattle mine come son once warm and starts at approx 2500 rpm . I can feel it in the bars.
I have increased tension on the cam chains and inspected tensioners.

It happens under load or not. On center stand in gear or free. The sound seems to be comming from front left .
Im at a loss right now.

I've read many threads of teh same problem but none have written about a resolution to the problem

·
Administrator
27,362 Posts
No idea but the chain tensioners are automatic. How did you increase the tension?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,134 Posts
My 2006 started sounding like a vaccum clleaner at around 100K, Changed out alternator, and sound went away. Hope it is NOT the A.D.G.
gumbyredd
It isn't
Guaranteed
Or the noise would still be there

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,134 Posts
obvious,

if the ADG were bad, it would still be noisy, and it went away when the alternator was replaced.

·
Premium Member
12,826 Posts
I think gumbyredd replaced his alternator and his noise went away. I believe he is telling Muaymendez to hope his noise is not the ADG . Or I could be reading this all wrong....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes. I was just trying to be optimistic. He is at the same miles my 2006 was at when my alternator bearings gave out. Like I said, it was making a humming sound like a vacuum cleaner. Not a knocking sound. Still going strong 4,000 miles latter.
gumbyredd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts