Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good Morning I hope someone can help, my engine is surging from 1000 rpms to 15-1700 rpms. While riding at 60 mph, runs perfect no surge not even a stumble. Only happens when idleing or setting at a light. PLEASE HELP Thanks in advance

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Try opening your fuel filler door and adjusting your idle speed screw up and downa few times. It may be difficult to break free at 1st, but keep at it as they become seized over time. Then adjust your idle speed to +/- 800 RPM. Also, run some Seafoam through it.

This seems to cure a lot of the surging at idle.

Dusty

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

SeaFoam is available in the US at most auto parts stores and marinas.

Also consider having your carbs synchronized once you get them cleaned out good with the Seafoam.

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

Your RPMs are way too high. Too high for a vacuum leak.

Your throttle is not closing all the way and/or your choke is sticking. See if you can determine ifthe choke operation on the carb is functioning correctly.

Sync yes, and all the above.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

gr8pre10der wrote:
Thank you sir, I will try, could you advise where I might purchase Sea Foam?
Walmart has it in theengine/gas additive section of the automotive section. White tin can with red lettering. Runs about $6.95 a can

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

gr8pre10der wrote:
Thank you sir, I will try, could you advise where I might purchase Sea Foam?
in florida you can find it at Advanced Auto Parts stores.:waving:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Try opening your fuel filler door and adjusting your idle speed screw up and downa few times. It may be difficult to break free at 1st, but keep at it as they become seized over time. Then adjust your idle speed to +/- 800 RPM.
Turning your throttle a bit while turning the idle adjuster makes turning it a little easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.