Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

engines

405 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  OnaWingAndaPrayer
going to buy an engine, anyone have anything good to say about any of the stores on ebay or any suggestions on other places to buy. hate to buy a 1500 in worse shape than the one I have. or does anyone here have one to sell? thx JC
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Check the 'For Sale forum' to see if anyone is selling one. Odds are good on buying a used engine since rarely do any of these things fail in a major way. As long as it doesn't have any physical damage it's likely you won't have any problem. eBay is a good source as is just Googling. I'd try to get one no older than a 93 as there are several improvements in the later engines. In '93 the rockers got needle bearings, around 97 or so the transmissions were beefed up. Take a look at the Goldwing History page and you'll see some of the changes that were made by year.
I see your listed in Fl . What area ? I know of three Ebayers who do a lot of sales in 1500 .
:Other Bike parts, 88-00 Goldwing GL1500 Parts items in Dive-or-Ride store on eBay!
:97-03 Valkyrie, Goldwing GL 1500 items in cruzer414 store on eBay!
:items in alternator stater igniter cdi ecu starter axle rim wheel store on eBay!

I have used all three of these folks and been happy with them .
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.