Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to go to Mobile and stay at a hotel. Mardi Gras this weekend.
It's address is:

950-A West I-65 Service Road South
Mobile, Alabama 36609

I gave up on entering this in. The default Service Rd. address does not agree with the zip code. Entering in the phone number didn't work either.

How would you go about entering compounded addresses like this?

·
Just one of the guys
4,837 Posts
It comes up on Streets and Trips as being right near Exit 8 from I 65 or as being the exit for Rt 56, You could try one of those to get you within spitting distance.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Googlemaps shows the road name as being West Interstate 65 Service Road South and the address of the hotel as simply 950. The rest is as you have it. I have an old Magellan GPS and it is sometimes hard to hit the sequence of how they want it entered especially with numbered roads. You just have to hit and miss on entering the different road combinations until you get one that works. Or, I found the following address nearby, just one turn off of the Service Road. Enter it in your unit and see if it works. Look at the location in comparison on Googlemaps and you should be able to find your hotel easy enough after arrival.

818 Western America Drivehttp://maps.google.com/#
Mobile, AL 36609

Ride Safe!

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,855 Posts
When things like that aren't in the GPS unit, I use Google maps to drill down into 3D mode and locate the actual location or the nearest one to it and use the Google supplied address.

Has always worked for me in the past. I agree, the unit's method of entering addresses is not always easy to make work.

But, you did NOT tell us what kind of GPS unit you are trying to use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.