Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking at 2005 gold wing but it's 500 miles away and the lady that is selling it (her husband passed away) doesn't know what it has for equipment is there a way with the Vin no

to her it is a gold wing any help thanks a bunch :baffled:

Bill

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I am not sure about the bikes in Canada, but in the US yes the vin number will tell you if it is standard, or abs, or airbag model, that kind of thing.

Kit

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Kit it is US model then do you take vin to dealer because it's US they mite say to bad or is there some place on line

Thanks Bill

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Yes a dealer can tell you. Or if you get it I can look it up in the service manual and figure it out, they have letter designations at the end of the VIN and that tells you how to figure it out, I do not have a clue, but could look it up if I knew the letters at the end of the VIN number.

Kit

You will need the model classification also, that is where the letters are, not on the Vin number, with the model classification we can find it in the service manual, if not only the computer at the dealer will be able to tell. Model class is things like CM, VX11, VTC11 and so on. Kit

Model Designations:

CM is just basic bike no premium audio, no abs, no navi, just basic
IIA is premium audio
IVA is premium audio and heated seats and grips
VA is premium audio, comfort, and navi
VIA is same as VA but now has ABS brakes
VIIA/IICM and others are ABS models with all the above with extra pollution standards.
IIICM is the air bag one but was not out that year anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.