Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Was thinking we could list our driving plans here.. That way if anyone can meet up along the way..

We are planning on leaving out Thurs morning and heading down to Jefferson City Mo and spending the night there than leaving out Fri morning and heading into ES from there.. Should arrive in ES around 2-3pm Fri..


Drive safe my friends!! We want to talk to you, not about you!!!:action:
 

·
mr irrelevant
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
imported post

Also leaving around 8am thurs morning, will be rolling into ES probly around 5 or so that night..

We are taking I35 south to 71 south, then I44 east to exit 26, heading south on 37 from there to 62 and into ES..Thanks lopeha for trip advice.. See you all there!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,401 Posts
imported post

We're leaving Wednesday afternoon, stopping just west of Atlanta for the night. Spending Thursday night just this side of Memphis. Arrive ES Friday afternoon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,106 Posts
imported post

digger you dont wanna iron butt it the whole way in 12hours?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,586 Posts
imported post

DigbyODell wrote:
Was thinking we could list our driving plans here.. That way if anyone can meet up along the way..

We are planning on leaving out Thurs morning and heading down to Jefferson City Mo and spending the night there than leaving out Fri morning and heading into ES from there.. Should arrive in ES around 2-3pm Fri..


Drive safe my friends!! We want to talk to you, not about you!!!:action:
First of all......all of you should fly a thong on your bikes so you know who is coming to ES! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Digger is telling you all a story, he wants to talk about you too! So don't let him fool you...........;)

I and the Rhinos have a long, tough run, leave Friday morning and get there around 3 pm. :waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,614 Posts
imported post

I know the Rhino's have a tough run....gotta get up early and ride to whole 300 miles in one day!!

The Snore's (including Snorebrother), Rudy & Mrs. Rudyon the other hand, have a leisurely 900 mile ride, leaving Tuesday morningand arriving Thursday afternoon, stoppingin various towns whenever the urge hits us and enjoying the scenery on the two-lane backroads.

Everyone ride safe! We will have our laptop and will post each night as to our location.

(Hey tmdriverwannabe....looks like we are gonna be the early birds!)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,586 Posts
imported post

Snorebaby wrote:
I know the Rhino's have a tough run....gotta get up early and ride to whole 300 miles in one day!!
Don't over estimate us Doug..............we only have 275 miles from here to there! :ROFL::ROFL:

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,614 Posts
imported post

Flyone wrote:
Snorebaby wrote:
I know the Rhino's have a tough run....gotta get up early and ride to whole 300 miles in one day!!
Don't over estimate us Doug..............we only have 275 miles from here to there! :ROFL::ROFL:

Dang!! And I was givin' ya more credit than you deserve:action:

So I guess you can sit at the lunch table a little longer now:ROFL:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,775 Posts
imported post

Well, GLester, TodHPa & I plan to meet at the Waffle House in Maumelle, AR at 7am on the 2nd, zip over to Russelville to meet up with DaveO430 & then twisty our way to ES. Should arrive about 11am. Whoo, 4 hours riding all in the same day, about 200 miles. Will be exhausted - hehehe.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

peterbilt wrote:
digger you dont wanna iron butt it the whole way in 12hours?
We did it on the way home 2 years ago... I was fine but Da Boss had a kind of sore rump :( I rubbed it and made it all better for her tho :badgrin:




FLYONE wrote:
First of all......all of you should fly a thong on your bikes so you know who is coming to ES! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Digger is telling you all a story, he wants to talk about you too! So don't let him fool you...........;)


I and the Rhinos have a long, tough run, leave Friday morning and get there around 3 pm. :waving:
1. that a good idea Fly!!! :action:
2. Only when your around will I talk ABOUT YOU FLY!!! :raspberry:

3. How will you Rhino's ever be able to do 300 miles in one day :shock: :ROFL::ROFL:
 

·
mr irrelevant
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
imported post

Snorebaby wrote:
I know the Rhino's have a tough run....gotta get up early and ride to whole 300 miles in one day!!

The Snore's (including Snorebrother), Rudy & Mrs. Rudyon the other hand, have a leisurely 900 mile ride, leaving Tuesday morningand arriving Thursday afternoon, stoppingin various towns whenever the urge hits us and enjoying the scenery on the two-lane backroads.

Everyone ride safe! We will have our laptop and will post each night as to our location.

(Hey tmdriverwannabe....looks like we are gonna be the early birds!)
Indeed we are !! Will have to look each other up for dinner thurs night..Im guessing we will b there around 5 sometime...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,614 Posts
imported post

tmdriverwannabe wrote:
Snorebaby wrote:
I know the Rhino's have a tough run....gotta get up early and ride to whole 300 miles in one day!!

The Snore's (including Snorebrother), Rudy & Mrs. Rudyon the other hand, have a leisurely 900 mile ride, leaving Tuesday morningand arriving Thursday afternoon, stoppingin various towns whenever the urge hits us and enjoying the scenery on the two-lane backroads.

Everyone ride safe! We will have our laptop and will post each night as to our location.

(Hey tmdriverwannabe....looks like we are gonna be the early birds!)
Indeed we are !! Will have to look each other up for dinner thurs night..Im guessing we will b there around 5 sometime...
We should be there around 5 also. I will probably park next to the pool like I did last year.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,614 Posts
imported post

lopeha wrote:
Well, GLester, TodHPa & I plan to meet at the Waffle House in Maumelle, AR at 7am on the 2nd, zip over to Russelville to meet up with DaveO430 & then twisty our way to ES. Should arrive about 11am. Whoo, 4 hours riding all in the same day, about 200 miles. Will be exhausted - hehehe.
Don't get too tired....you gottago withus for lunch and then make a trip to Wallyworld:action:

I hope we have alot of cup holders that will hold the McD's dollar sweet teas for Snorebabe!!
 

·
mr irrelevant
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
imported post

Havin never been there before not sure where we will park but we are in room 216 i think...so somewhere down below that lol....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,586 Posts
imported post

As long as you cowboys stay out of my parking spot......everything will be fine.

Man..........I'm starting to sound like Redwing! :ROFL::ROFL:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,775 Posts
imported post

Hey Tim you might want to think about diverting away from 65 South of Springfield towards Branson. The roads close to Branson tend to get clogged on holiday weekends. Maybe 65 to Springfield then take US 60 off the western loop over to Monett then 37 to Cassville, then jump on 86 to 23 and backdoor into Eureka Springs. Just one possibility. CYA'll in a couple of weeks, Andy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,319 Posts
imported post

Not sure how I will get there yet.
I may ride straight through, might break the ride into 2 days, though it's a bit further for me if I do.

House to ES7 1 day = 165 miles

House to Branson = 135 miles plus Branson to ES7 = 50 miles so total 185 miles, but I can break that into 2 days LOL

Though I am thinking of looking for a longer road to ride straight through in just 1 day.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
237 Posts
imported post

I am shooting for an early day off on friday Leaving right away. Last time I left after work and got caught in lake traffic. That was alot of lane splitting there. Not this year I am thinking of taking my maiden voyage with the trailer. Like to get there around 6pm
 
1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top