Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just read a book, pretty much a historical novel but different in format from any I've read before. This book was about the history and myths of Ireland told in a series of tales by an itinerant storyteller. The book is "Ireland" written by Frank Delaney. I don't know if it's available in Ireland, it seems to have been printed in the US. I found it unusually interesting and informative of Ireland and it's people in early days, the story of the architect of Newgrange, being the earliest account in the book. I was wondering if any of you folks,in the Emerald Isle by chancehad read the book and could send me a PM commenting on your opinions.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Sorry I am not a great book reader ,,Dont have time to busy reading the posts here :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

But I think Redwing will have something to say ,,He has loads of spare time on his hands for reading ,,Surely someone here has read this book ? Ciaran

·
Premium Member
4,566 Posts
imported post

not read the book, but know of and heard Frank Delaney on the radio - he presents a programme called 'Poetry Please' on BBC radio 4, this is a request programme and all kinds of poetry, including Franks is broadcast

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,158 Posts
imported post

Not a book reader :shakehead:just the newspapers :banana:but i have been to Newgrange long time ago. :dance:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I'm surprised, and with you Irish fellows from the land of music, poetry and great tales!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.