Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a small Goldwing accessory business here in the USA. I am planning on selling some items in France, Ireland, UK, Denmark as well as other European countries.I have cornering lights, fairing reflector lights, trunk reflector lights, rear fender reflector lights, side light flashers, lighted trunk moldings,etc.that all plug into the factory wiring harnesses on the GL1500 and GL1800here in the states. Will the Euro bikes be different and what should I tell someone that might be interested in purchasing them. Thanks, Gary

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Hello Gary, welcome to Steve the wingnuts forum. Steve is areally the man to ask about this (you could e-mail him or send a PM), but from my experience the UK and European GL1500 models have no wiring in place for the cornering lights, trunk spoiler light, rear lights except for the one under the number plate (thats a reflector on the US bikes), fairing reflector ortrunk reflectors. Most of the manufacturers sell the stuff to us anyway and we bodge the wires together anyway.

The gL1800 is similar, no wiring for thesaddlebag lights or foglights on Euro/UK bikes. Steve will have moredetails, he has teh specs for each region and year of production going back to the stoneage.

BTW, nice to see the forum working again after the change to new servers. It was sorely missed by some of us!

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Yes welcom Gary. I got the following paragraph from this page www.goldwingfacts.com/fromthecrate.htm which is elsewere on this site. The paragraph has this interesting info about the differences in US and Euro zone GL1500s;

"The reason I went for an American spec Goldwing is because the European (including UK & Irish) spec is much lower, we get no CB radio (no wiring looms for it either), no air caps in the front forks, no lower fairing running lights, the trunk spoiler light doesn't because it's a dummy unit, none of the lights at the rear of the bike work except the small centre one under the number plate. There are no wiring looms in place to get them working either and I had to wire mine from scratch on my last 1997 SE. We get the old (pre ' 98) headlamp and dark orange front and rear indicators and the headlamp marker lights are blanked off."

That was written in 2000.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Cyclemax, Welcome to this forum and use it often. :)There are some differences to the UK Wing as opposed to the US Wing. :DBut all the gadgets that you have mentioned can be fitted to the UK Wing with the necessary adjustments. :cool:My 1800 is UK spec and I have her fitted with most of the gadgets, and you cant tell the difference. :action:But send the wingnut a PM and he will answer any questions for you. ;)

:waving: :18red: :18blue: :18white: :18teal: :waving:

The fastest colour is out in front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.