Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everyone.I have a question and hope someone will have an answer.I am looking for a oem seat cover for the GL1200.I have found one but the price is in Euro

117.59 I am not smart enough to convert that to US dollars.Can some one help.Thanks

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

That seems high even in confederate money!

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks a lot for the info.I knew one of you fine people would give me an answer.That does seem a bit expensive,but if it should last as long as the original ,about 24 years,I think it would be worth it.Thanks again

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

The way the economy's going, make 'em an offer...it worked for me!!!!!!!!

Cheers..........Mate.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Click on this link and save it in your favourites ,Great little tool for up to date currency conversions ..I use it all the time ,Ciaran

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,312 Posts
imported post

I see that our new presidente has not managed to put things to rights yet.

1,000.00 EUR = 1,266.60 USD

In a balanced world, 1000 would equal 1000

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
imported post

oh how things have changed a short while ago we were getting 2 dollars to 1 pound and were getting about 1.4 euros to one pound, so then 120 euros would be about 85 pounds which would reqaute to 170 dollars, so its come down in price.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,312 Posts
imported post

The only thing I ever took note of before this, was that the guys in the UK were paying such horrendously inflated prices for what we pay for in the states.

I doubt that we ever seen a common monetary unit in this world. Hmmm, if we did, it would probably be called a peso. :cheeky1:

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
I doubt that we ever seen a common monetary unit in this world. Hmmm, if we did, it would probably be called a peso. :cheeky1:
Much more likely to be a Riyal or Dinar

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
The only thing I ever took note of before this, was that the guys in the UK were paying such horrendously inflated prices for what we pay for in the states.
Yeah, but the problem there John is that the exchange rate at the moment stops us buying in the US, which further agravates the US downturn. I think alot of people are keeping their money tightly in their pockets because they are frightened of what's around the corner.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,312 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with that.

My own dollars are very sticky these days...

The only thing I have splurged on is a 1 TB USB hard drive to keep my PC images on. And even for that, I waited until I found it for less than $95 with free shipping.

Yep, frugal is the name of the game right now, and until we all feel a lot easier about turning loose of what spending money we might be able to own, it isn't going to get any better.

I've lived through several of these recessions (I'm 66 now) and this one is the first one that has bothered me. I've had a good job on each of the others, and have a good one now... but it just feels a lot different.

Our office has lost workers due to severe budget restrictions. I've never been in that situation before, knowing people who have either lost their job, or have been forced to take a lower paying job.

Just today, a co-worker told me that he has a notice in his email box to report to Personnel monday morning. It is close to his six month review, so I told him it was probably just the normal "sign here" to get your beneficiaries in effect. I hope so, like a lot of other folks, he can't afford to loose his job.

I can't imagine getting an email saying you lost a job. Everyone else has received a private telephone call, so to buck him up, told him it is just HR insurance stuff.

·
Administrator
25,793 Posts
imported post

You might try this; http://www.motorcycleseatcovers.com/
I got one for my 83 from them and it was identical to the original except it didn't have HONDA on the back. Very good quality for about $100.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.